2019 MLB HOF balloting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB HOF balloting

Moose should get in, great pitcher

I bet I brought this up in the HOF thread last year, but Moose really got screwed by the strike. One of the knocks on him was he never won 20 games in a season (well until his final season)

in 94, he went 16-5 in 24 starts when the season ended, with about 50 games left (a little less than a third of the season). He probably left 9 or 10 starts on the table that year, pretty good chance he wins at least 4 and get to 20.

The next season, the season was shortened to 144 games, so he missed 3 or 4 starts. He went 19-9.
He probably wins 20 games both years if there's no strike. 3 20 win seasons compared to 1 is probably the kind of thing that moves the needle for some voters. (For what its worth, since 1990, only 2 guys have more than 3 20 win seasons, Glavine and Clemens

I bet I brought this up in the HOF thread last year, but Moose really got screwed by the strike. One of the knocks on him was he never won 20 games in a season (well until his final season)

in 94, he went 16-5 in 24 starts when the season ended, with about 50 games left (a little less than a third of the season). He probably left 9 or 10 starts on the table that year, pretty good chance he wins at least 4 and get to 20.

The next season, the season was shortened to 144 games, so he missed 3 or 4 starts. He went 19-9.
He probably wins 20 games both years if there's no strike. 3 20 win seasons compared to 1 is probably the kind of thing that moves the needle for some voters. (For what its worth, since 1990, only 2 guys have more than 3 20 win seasons, Glavine and Clemens

And I personally feel he has had a better career than Glavine

Will Clark is underrated. Best LH hitter for a time

I feel like the 80s guys get punished for not putting up 90s numbers, and the 90s guy get punished for steroids.

And now today’s guys all just swing for the fences so a first baseman hitting 19 Homers or something is unacceptable and nobody cares that he hit .333 with 112 RBIs or something.

I hated Will Clark, but he was a flat out stick.

My comments were for this year, I hope and expect Bonds and Clemens to get in.

If Manny eventually goes...fine. No papi though.

Mussina should get in some day.

Pettitte used HGH when it wasn’t illegal, not grouped with steroids and in the off season to heal quicker.

He was caught up in the flawed Mitchell Report with Clemens trainer and admitted his taking of it.

Not an issue, he should be in.

It will take him a while, sadly might be a Veterans Committee pick.

My comments were for this year, I hope and expect Bonds and Clemens to get in.

If Manny eventually goes...fine. No papi though.

Mussina should get in some day.

Pettitte used HGH when it wasn’t illegal, not grouped with steroids and in the off season to heal quicker.

He was caught up in the flawed Mitchell Report with Clemens trainer and admitted his taking of it.

Not an issue, he should be in.

It will take him a while, sadly might be a Veterans Committee pick.

Pettitte didn't really totally admit it. first he said he only used it to recover in 2002. Then a few months later he copped to using it another time. So not really sure he gets the benefit of the doubt as to how often or when he used

Eh. Petitte was a solid number 2 or 3 starter. Pass. Cone was a better pitcher IMO, and he’s not going in.

Pettitte didn't really totally admit it. first he said he only used it to recover in 2002. Then a few months later he copped to using it another time. So not really sure he gets the benefit of the doubt as to how often or when he used
He means because he himself is a Yankees fan and loves Pettitte for all the postseason wins Yankees fans give him the benefit of the doubt.
Pettitte has been quiet and out of the media spotlight. He isn’t a HOFer. Good pitcher and clutch in the playoffs but not dominate enough in the regular season.

Eh. Petitte was a solid number 2 or 3 starter. Pass. Cone was a better pitcher IMO, and he’s not going in.
Hershiser was better than Pettitte at their best.
Pettitte was good longer.

I don’t think Craig Biggio was a HOFer but he stayed around and just compiled 3k hits which makes you automatic.

I don’t think Craig Biggio was a HOFer but he stayed around and just compiled 3k hits which makes you automatic.

Absolute garbage run support cost Hershiser so many W’s. He had 2 recognized transcendent seasons with the Dodgers...and he pitched well enough to have 4 of them.

Then the injury cost him a year and half of his prime. Came back and run support continued to cost him W’s for a couple more years, before he finally got a recognized solid second act in Cleveland(where they actually hit the ball).

Too many years of Lenny Harris and Kal Daniels batting 3rd. Terrible lineups cost him probably 50 W’s in LA.

Biggio is a guy I remember we disagreed on in the past. He was a great player for a few years. Definite yes for me.

Crazy stat (and this isn't why i think he's in, just a fun stat). 1997, he was hit by 34 pitches, and had 0 GDP. 0! in 744 PA

Screw the drug users who don’t admit it. It insults our intelligence.

Are u just trying to engage me or do you really require a list?

I’m with Kaiser I don’t think there were any, or if they were most people have no idea who was clean and who simply hasn’t been outed yet. Except of course we know with absolute certainty that Jeter never touched any of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom