2021 Optimism Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Optimism Thread

Note: Tulsa took Cinci to the last second in the AAC championship game after going 9-27 the prior three years.

I think this is a really interesting development. It does look like they are not running tempo Briles O. #74 in yards per play and 72 plays per game. It's def due to the defense.

Sterlin has his work cut out for him, IMO.

Getting the transfer qb excites me for spring and the season. I have my own opinion who will be the starting qb but I’m excited the staff is going into the portal in attempt to address needs.

Topic Three:

Team Morale

Class held together, seniors re-upping, mass exodus didn't happen, name QB transfer coming in. All four data points run counter to the sky is falling predictions here.

JW came out strong in support of Dino.

Other shoes could drop and other players could transfer, but the predicted meltdown didn't happen.

Topic Three:

Team Morale

Class held together, seniors re-upping, mass exodus didn't happen, name QB transfer coming in. All four data points run counter to the sky is falling predictions here.

Other shoes could drop and other players could transfer, but the predicted meltdown didn't happen.
Good to see guys returning.

We have 7 in the portal, 3 the next level, 2 RBs rumored to not be returning. In a normal year, would losing 12 with eligibility be the norm?

Topic Three:

Team Morale

Yeah, team morale is an easy one to me. Motivation will be the least of Dino's worries this year.

Good to see guys returning.

We have 7 in the portal, 3 the next level, 2 RBs rumored to not be returning. In a normal year, would losing 12 with eligibility be the norm?

7 in the portal. One is a senior that would have exhausted his eligibility in a normal year and a couple of preferred walkons. Munoz, Jonas and Dawson might have had a shot at playing time, but none are at positions of need where they were pushing to get on the two deep.

Adams and Howard, why count them at this point?

This turnover doesn’t happen you can’t take a full class and continue to upgrade the roster

7 in the portal. One is a senior that would have exhausted his eligibility in a normal year and a couple of preferred walkons. Munoz, Jonas and Dawson might have had a shot at playing time, but none are at positions of need where they were pushing to get on the two deep.

Adams and Howard, why count them at this point?

This turnover doesn’t happen you can’t take a full class and continue to upgrade the roster
Ok. Should Cooney declare, it looks like we have a backup P on the roster, but he's not listed as a PK-that was Cooney. Hopefully Szmyt stays, but if not, does either create the need to grab a PK in the portal? Ugghh

Here's some optimism for you - my daughter was driving her car a couple days ago on local streets near our house, on the way home from the mall.

A guy went flying past her on the shoulder, and sheared off a telephone pole that fell on her car while she was driving. (What are the freaking odds on that???)

The crazy driver went airborne, hit another car, and then finished with a head-on collision at the intersection.

My daughter walked away without a scratch. She also learned a good lesson.

She gets angry sometimes and demands to take the car out for a drive, but now she has experienced first hand how someone with road rage (or some other issue) can create danger to those around you.
I'm sure she'll be a safer driver for this experience.

Here's some optimism for you - my daughter was driving her car a couple days ago on local streets near our house, on the way home from the mall.

A guy went flying past her on the shoulder, and sheared off a telephone pole that fell on her car while she was driving. (What are the freaking odds on that???)

The crazy driver went airborne, hit another car, and then finished with a head-on collision at the intersection.

She gets angry sometimes and demands to take the car out for a drive, but now she has experienced first hand how someone with road rage (or some other issue) can create danger to those around you.
Glad she's OK. She was lucky.

Wow, glad your daughter came out okay.

One of the worst things about being a parent, handing over the keys.

Ok. Should Cooney declare, it looks like we have a backup P on the roster, but he's not listed as a PK-that was Cooney. Hopefully Szmyt stays, but if not, does either create the need to grab a PK in the portal? Ugghh

Random, perhaps this information will alleviate your worries. From Athens GA., James Williams:

High School: Punter and placekicker for head coach Josh Alexander … Ranked among the top kickers in the country by (No. 2), the 247Sports.com composite index (No. 9) and ESPN (No. 10) … Rated five stars and the No. 4 punter and No. 13 placekicker in the 2020 class by Kohl’s Kicking … Helped the Spartans to an 11-1 record and a berth in the Georgia Class A-Private quarterfinals as a senior … PrepStar All-Southeast Region selection … 2019 Georgia Public Broadcasting All-Star … 2019 Touchdown Club of Atlanta All-State selection … Named to the 2019 Georgia 8A-Private All-Region First Team as a punter by the league’s coaches … Placekicker on the 2018 Georgia Class A-Private All-State First Team … Named the Kohl’s Kicking National High School Player of the week after hitting a school-record, 57-yard field goal versus Prince Avenue Christian as a junior … As a senior captain, converted 52 out of 53 (.981) extra points and 4-of-5 (.800) field goals, while averaging 35.8 yards on 25 punts.

I remember when we signed him actually signed a punter kicker. His tape was amazing punts were going 40+ and at FG practice hit every one at the camp mentioned above from the 40. He's a good one. We do not as a rule offer a P/PK - we did with him.

Last edited:
Random, perhaps this information will alleviate your worries.From Athens GA., Patrick Williams:

High School: Punter and placekicker for head coach Josh Alexander … Ranked among the top kickers in the country by (No. 2), the 247Sports.com composite index (No. 9) and ESPN (No. 10) … Rated five stars and the No. 4 punter and No. 13 placekicker in the 2020 class by Kohl’s Kicking … Helped the Spartans to an 11-1 record and a berth in the Georgia Class A-Private quarterfinals as a senior … PrepStar All-Southeast Region selection … 2019 Georgia Public Broadcasting All-Star … 2019 Touchdown Club of Atlanta All-State selection … Named to the 2019 Georgia 8A-Private All-Region First Team as a punter by the league’s coaches … Placekicker on the 2018 Georgia Class A-Private All-State First Team … Named the Kohl’s Kicking National High School Player of the week after hitting a school-record, 57-yard field goal versus Prince Avenue Christian as a junior … As a senior captain, converted 52 out of 53 (.981) extra points and 4-of-5 (.800) field goals, while averaging 35.8 yards on 25 punts.

I remember when we signed him actually signed a punter kicker. His tape was amazing punts were going 40+ and at FG practice hit every one at the camp mentioned above from the 40. He's a good one. We do not as a rule offer a P/PK - we did with him.
I believe his name is James Williams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom