2021 Senior Day | Syracusefan.com

2021 Senior Day

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Senior Salute
Syracuse will honor 18 seniors (16 players and two managers) prior to Saturday's game. As in past years, this is not necessarily a definite indicator of it being a player's final home game in an Orange uniform as some players elect to walk with their class or in their graduation year even if they have a year of eligibility remaining. The players partaking in Senior Day festivities will be: Brett Barlow, Jacob Buttermore, Peter Dearth, Nick DiPietro, Nate Garlow, Nate McPeak, Grant Murphy, Jonathan Partamian, Drake Porter, Stephen Rehfuss, Sam Schluter, Spencer Small, Jerry Staats, Jamie Trimboli, Danny Varello and Mitch Wykoff. Team managers Jesse Altmeyer and James Rodgers will also be honored for their work as part of the program.

Interesting, Brett Kennedy is not listed. Maybe that signals his intention to return?

Barlow, Buttermore, DiPietro, Garlow, McPeak, Murphy, Partamian, Schluter, Staats all would have an extra year of eligibility should they choose to use it. Buttermore, DiPietro and Murphy are the ones to keep an eye on.

Something to watch, the defense could either have to replace "just" Wykoff, Dearth and Porter, or everyone minus Dame, Avilies and Clary.

Interesting, Brett Kennedy is not listed. Maybe that signals his intention to return?

Barlow, Buttermore, DiPietro, Garlow, McPeak, Murphy, Partamian, Schluter, Staats all would have an extra year of eligibility should they choose to use it. Buttermore, DiPietro and Murphy are the ones to keep an eye on.

Something to watch, the defense could either have to replace "just" Wykoff, Dearth and Porter, or everyone minus Dame, Avilies and Clary.
I posted this in the UVA Game Thread but I’ll repost here:

FWIW, Brett Kennedy’s IG bio includes the phrase “6 year plan”. I think another year of wearing the famed #11, playing with his bro, &, most importantly, returning to his preferred position of LSM with the emergence of Wykoff this year & hopefully another next would be pretty enticing. It has been rumored (believe Beardsley even mentioned it during a broadcast last yr) that Brett would much prefer to play LSM but was enough of a team guy to fill a need at close. IMO, he’s a top 3 LSM nationally w/ UVA’s Conners & Loyola’s McNulty & would be the nation’s unquestioned best next year.

Last edited:
I also find it interesting that Buttermore is walking when his classmates/friends Curry, Dordevic, Quinn, Seebold, & Phaup are apparently not.

I posted this in the UVA Game Thread but I’ll repost here:

FWIW, Brett Kennedy’s IG bio includes the phrase “6 year plan”. I think another year of wearing the famed #11, playing with his bro, &, most importantly, returning to his preferred position of LSM with the emergence of Wykoff this year & hopefully another next would be pretty enticing. It has been rumored (believe Beardsley even mentioned it during a broadcast last yr) that Brett would much prefer to play LSM but was enough of a team guy to fill a need at close. IMO, he’s a top 3 LSM nationally w/ UVA’s Conners & Loyola’s McNulty & would be the nation’s unquestioned best next year.

Hasn't Kennedy been playing LSM since the UVA game when Wykoff returned and started at close?
As for Buttermore this would be pure speculation, but maybe he's graduating and doesn't want to do another year?

I also find it interesting that Buttermore is walking when his classmates/friends Curry, Dordevic, Quinn, Seebold, & Phaup are apparently not.

Good call on the others who are not being recognized! I think your previous post about Kennedy that you reference above made me hyper aware of his status. Would obviously be huge to have the above players come back. Buttermore has been an enigma this season. I would have had him running with the first line next season, but this season has made me rethink that. Hope he regains his form soon. I know he's dealt with an injury this year.

Hasn't Kennedy been playing LSM since the UVA game when Wykoff returned and started at close?
As for Buttermore this would be pure speculation, but maybe he's graduating and doesn't want to do another year?
Regarding Kennedy, he has. Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post but I think a return to LSM this year & potentially next year could play a role in him wanting to return for a 6th year. He much prefers it to playing close-d & could possibly be a 1st team AA & likely PLL draft pick as an LSM. The key will be SU fielding 3 adequate D guys to allow him to stay there.

Regarding Buttermore, that could be the case. If I’m not mistaken, JeremyCuse has previously posted that there were some “rumblings” of him possibly transferring after last year. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Regarding Kennedy, he has. Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post but I think a return to LSM this year & potentially next year could play a role in him wanting to return for a 6th year. He much prefers it to playing close-d & could possibly be a 1st team AA & likely PLL draft pick as an LSM. The key will be SU fielding 3 adequate D guys to allow him to stay there.

Regarding Buttermore, that could be the case. If I’m not mistaken, JeremyCuse has previously posted that there were some “rumblings” of him possibly transferring after last year. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

There were some rumblings that is correct, but luckily nothing came of them. I don't have anything inside on either guy but I expect Kennedy back and I think Buttermore is leaning toward leaving.

Keep in mind that Dordevic already red-shirted due that foot injury in 2019. He's still technically only a R-Soph in the eyes of the NCAA. Not sure he's going to stay another two years but he could. I haven't heard anything about the other guys leaving but a guy like Seebold has been here a while, not sure how much longer he wants to stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom