2023 ACC Tournament returning to Greensboro | Syracusefan.com

2023 ACC Tournament returning to Greensboro

How about holding it in Boston? Cmon, BC, put on your lobbying hat. Boston's one of the best cities in which to spend a few days. Great restaurants/bars, great sightseeing, very easy city in which to get around, in driving distance from the entire northeast, great air service from elsewhere.

Last edited:
At least it's in DC and NY the next two years.
Brooklyn is not "New York." For all its convenience and ambience, Brooklyn might as well be Newark.

Try driving from Southern Connecticut (an NYC suburb) to downtown Brooklyn. Last season, before the Okie State game, I spent 2.5 hours stuck on the Kosciusko Bridge. I can get to Boston in less time

Last edited:
Brooklyn is not "New York." For all its convenience and ambience, Brooklyn might as well be Newark.

Try driving from Southern Connecticut (an NYC suburb) to downtown Brooklyn. Last season, before the Okie State game, I spent 2.5 hours stuck on the Kosciusko Bridge. I can get to Boston in less time

This.

It is a ROYAL PTA to get to Brooklyn from the Northern burbs.

MSG - hop on a train. Done.

Barclays - plan a trip like Magellan, and be ready for it to take 2-3-4x as long as a train would’ve.

It's not msg but at least it's close for us NYC area cuse fans.

How about holding it in Boston? Cmon, BC, put on your lobbying hat. Boston's one of the best cities in which to spend a few days. Great restaurants/bars, great sightseeing, very easy city in which to get around, in driving distance from the entire northeast, great air service from elsewhere.
I doubt the nc mafia would ever go up far north as Boston. It would be great but I don't see it.

I doubt the nc mafia would ever go up far north as Boston. It would be great but I don't see it.
Syracuse is farther north than Boston, so technically they kind of have.

BC threw itself at the ACC with the desperation I wish Jake C. had shown. I'd be willing to bet there's a no ACC tourney in Boston clause to the agreement.

BC threw itself at the ACC with the desperation I wish Jake C. had shown. I'd be willing to bet there's a no ACC tourney in Boston clause to the agreement.
I'll take that bet.

Greensboro isn't just about the fact that it is in the heart of what once was the traditional ACC footprint. It is also about money. It seats over 23,000. Barclay's seats over 5,000 fewer, if I am not mistaken. Now, I suppose you could say that that is only 300 more ticket packages per school, and, based on the surface price of those tickets, that isn't much money. On the other hand, the old schools of the ACC use access to ACC Tournament tickets to leverage donations to their athletic boosters' organizations. In Virginia's case, it requires gifts in the five figure range. I have heard that the level of giving required is about equal to a scholarship (out-of-state tuition and fees). I have never pursued the matter personally, because even when the requirements were more modest (relatively), they were still beyond my means. However, Greensboro's extra 300 tickets for Virginia can mean over a $1 mil in the coffers. (The actual figure is probably somewhat smaller as the gift typically qualifies the giver for more than one package, but it still isn't chump change.) The numbers are similar elsewhere in the conference, although, back in the day, UNC and N C State fans would join Clemson's booster club because the required donation for tournament tickets there was considerably lower. Clemson fans were more concerned with football in those days.

Greensboro gets a mulligan because of this year. If the arena was located in the little downtown the tournament could be more fun. But it isn't, has the feel of football with tailgating and big lots surrounded by a rough neighborhood on the edge of town.

Looking forward to the Islanders arena being completed so the ACC can be in its rightful place on the Queens / Nassau County border.

This.

It is a ROYAL PTA to get to Brooklyn from the Northern burbs.

MSG - hop on a train. Done.

Barclays - plan a trip like Magellan, and be ready for it to take 2-3-4x as long as a train would’ve.
You people are ridiculous. If you can take the train to MSG, you can take a train to Barclays. The Barclays is a 20 minute subway ride from Penn or Grand Central Station. It’s easy. Newark is much more difficult, CTO, and there’s nothing to do there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom