2023 Lakeview Amp Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Lakeview Amp Schedule

Nothing; he's of the country genre, but you tell me he's not crap. That's fine; there's good music in every style. But, he's not the only person playing the Amp this summer, is he?

You could make a case for other country performers who are not ersatz country - Lyle Lovett, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Dwight Yoakam, Steve Earle or Nancy Griffith, for instance.

But most of it is indistinguishable from each other, especially all the guys in cowboy hats. Zach Bryan, Luke Combs, Florida-Georgia Line, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Blake Sheldon, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Dierks Bently, the guy from Hootie & the Blowfish, Dustin Lynch, Cody Johnson - I mean, who are these people?
Most of those people you named in your last paragraph completely suck. I’ve never heard of a few of them. There’s some others who are even worse: Morgan Wallen and Hardy are two of the absolute worst that I’ve heard of.

And yeah, Upstate NY being pure “country” in terms of concerts disgusts me. Makes me want to move, tbh.

I agree with you 100%. It’s possibly the worst music ever invented, and it’s basically the only “major” concerts that Upstate NY ever gets anymore. Awful.

But Chris Stapleton is not like all that other crap, at all. I actually like him a lot.
Chris Stapleton absolutely kicks ass as a songwriter and performer. Anyone claiming otherwise knows crap about music.

Most of those people you named in your last paragraph completely suck. I’ve never heard of a few of them. There’s some others who are even worse: Morgan Wallen and Hardy are two of the absolute worst that I’ve heard of.

And yeah, Upstate NY being pure “country” in terms of concerts disgusts me. Makes me want to move, tbh.
I have been to the amp to see KISS, Ozzy, Megadeth, 5FDP, Halestorm, and Jonas Bros with my daughter. All not country just saying.

It’s no different at other venues for the most part.

The big outdoor amphitheater in Central Jersey is the same way and has been for years. It’s mostly country acts and a few 70s/80s bands mixed in.

I have been to the amp to see KISS, Ozzy, Megadeth, 5FDP, Halestorm, and Jonas Bros with my daughter. All not country just saying.

It’s no different at other venues for the most part.
Your point is a good one.

But I gotta know….did you take your daughter to the heavy metal concerts too or just the Jonas Brothers and you added that so you can keep your man card? ;)

Your point is a good one.

But I gotta know….did you take your daughter to the heavy metal concerts too or just the Jonas Brothers and you added that so you can keep your man card? ;)
The Jonas one was just her. But I was happy to go. In a world of Cardi Bs, and other trash, they can have my money to entertain her all day long.

The Jonas one was just her. But I was happy to go. In a world of Cardi Bs, and other trash, they can have my money to entertain her all day long.
I was gonna say you are a good dad. But enduring Cardi B? You are a great dad!

I was gonna say you are a good dad. But enduring Cardi B? You are a great dad!
Sorry maybe I wasn’t clear. I’m saying as long as my daughter like jonas and swift, I’m happy to support. I’m lucky that she doesn’t like any of the crap!!

Name a Blake Shelton song that anyone would know the melody of, or be able to sing along.

All these cowboy hat wearing phonies. Taylor Swift sang with a Southern accent when she first started out in country music. Dang, but those Pennsylvania accents are sweet as the dickens.

Modern Country music is like Republican politics; phony posing, no authenticity, "all hat and no cattle".

Popular music (all genres) has been corporatized over the last few decades.

Popular music (all genres) has been corporatized over the last few decades.

Yeah, radio is pretty bad, media fragmentation into all these different platforms and activities, the rise of video games. Music just isn't as important culturally as it used to be a generation (or two, or three) ago.

Questions-

Does it cost money to park? I assume you can’t just park where you want when you enter right? Ideally near exit would be nice, but we also want to get there a little early to hang and have a few drinks. Can’t bring chairs, but what about blankets?

Questions-

Does it cost money to park? I assume you can’t just park where you want when you enter right? Ideally near exit would be nice, but we also want to get there a little early to hang and have a few drinks. Can’t bring chairs, but what about blankets?

$20 to park in the lot.

Do's and Dont's:

They do enforce the clear bag policy. If you have one of those SU clear bags, you can use that.

$20 to park in the lot.

Do's and Dont's:

They do enforce the clear bag policy. If you have one of those SU clear bags, you can use that.
Nice! So can bring chairs of certain size, cool.

Nice! So can bring chairs of certain size, cool.

Every concert is different. If a concert is sold out, they ban chairs. Check the Lakeview Website before you leave the house (or before you leave the parking lot). It's a long walk back to the car if you have to bring the chairs back.

Every concert is different. If a concert is sold out, they ban chairs. Check the Lakeview Website before you leave the house (or before you leave the parking lot). It's a long walk back to the car if you have to bring the chairs back.
Good idea. Right now it says it’s okay. Will bring and monitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom