2023 Media Day | Syracusefan.com

2023 Media Day

There were no significant roster updates from Gait on Monday. The Orange has just one injured player in freshman defenseman Riley Figueiras, who has a lower body injury and will be out for the season.

There were no significant roster updates from Gait on Monday. The Orange has just one injured player in freshman defenseman Riley Figueiras, who has a lower body injury and will be out for the season.

Confirms Riley being done, tough loss but having it happen in the fall should help get him back and ready for this time bext year. Still sucks to lose a starter already.

Gait also mentions that Birtwistle was out for most of the fall but is back and 100% now. Would explain his name never coming up during the fall scrimmages.

Gait also mentions that Birtwistle was out for most of the fall but is back and 100% now. Would explain his name never coming up during the fall scrimmages.
Also props to whoever in the media asked specifically about Birtwistle in the first place! He is a relatively under the radar name who has received little preseason fanfare compared to Spallina Hiltz Mark etc. Certainly beats a vague "what are your goals?" sort of question. Hopefully more mentioning of specific players by name in future interviews, even if you get some coach speak as a response every now and then. We would not know that he was missing in fall events due to injury without that question.

-Was interesting that Gait said this is the first year he was fully in charge of scheduling. Wonder if some of those other dates last year were already decided under Desko and co. Speaks honestly about certain sections of the schedule being viewed as breathers.

Also props to whoever in the media asked specifically about Birtwistle in the first place! He is a relatively under the radar name who has received little preseason fanfare compared to Spallina Hiltz Mark etc. Certainly beats a vague "what are your goals?" sort of question. Hopefully more mentioning of specific players by name in future interviews, even if you get some coach speak as a response every now and then. We would not know that he was missing in fall events due to injury without that question.

-Was interesting that Gait said this is the first year he was fully in charge of scheduling. Wonder if some of those other dates last year were already decided under Desko and co. Speaks honestly about certain sections of the schedule being viewed as breathers.
Birtwistle/Hiltz/Thompson is the reason I think Spallina will have 40 assist as a freshman. Birtwistle is gonna be a star!

Birtwistle/Hiltz/Thompson is the reason I think Spallina will have 40 assist as a freshman. Birtwistle is gonna be a star!
I agree I think he's gonna be a big time player this yr. 30 goal guy as a middie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom