2023 Peach Jam | July 3-9 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Peach Jam | July 3-9

I went to Today‘s (Wednesday)session of the EYBL Peach Jam . Among the games I saw was Team Takeover (Donovan Freeman, Patrick Ngongba, Caleb Williams and others) vs Paul George Elite (Jason Richardson‘s two sons and Jamari Phillips). At the same time, Team Final (Jalil Bethea, Thomas Sorber and Robert Wright) and Team CP3 were playing on another court. All four of these teams were 2-0 going into todays games.

In any of these games, it just depends on which players shows up and which player step up). For example in the Team Final-Team CP3 game, Team Final won going away but Jalil Bethea had an okay game and Sorber/Wright had better output games.

In the Team Takeover - Paul George Elite game, Caleb Williams was a no show/no play and Patrick Ngongba had a fair to good game 7pt, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks in 21 minutes. Donoven Freeman had 18 points on 8 for 18 shooting including 2 three pointers and 9 rebounds, two steals in 29 minutes. Isiah Abraham and Darren Harris added 13 and 20 points respectively for Team Takeover. Jason Richardson, II had 22 points and Jamari Phillips had 5 points before getting hurt. Team Takeover won 69-61 in a closer game than the final score shows.

I watched Donovan Freeman closely. He started out 0-6 shooting where it looked like nothing he shot (inside, outside, layups,dunk) would fall. Then he had a mid range jumper, a dunk, another jumper and a three in 4 of his next 5 shots. Even he started slowly, he was the msin focus of Team Takeover‘s offense. Almost every possession in the second half included his involvement. Darren Harris and Isiah Abraham were also impressive. Harris hit three 3pt shots that halted Paul George Elite’s runs at different time.

Initially, I was a little down on Donovan’s performance (especially after his 0-6 shooting start), but he more than made up for when the shots started falling. BTW, none of his first six shots were bad or forced shots. They just did not fall. I also remembered that he is just entering his senior year of high school. He definitely will get better just like he improved in this game. Really believe Red struck it rich in recruiting Donovan Freeman.

Last edited:
City Rocks with Pay Day Moore just lost to Team CP3 in the U15 finals. Copper Flagg live against the Boozer twins at 2 for anyone interested.

Coach Autry and Coach Straughn talking Peach Jam and recruiting (what they're looking for, what they've seen, player improvements, etc.)...

Coach Autry and Coach Straughn talking Peach Jam and recruiting (what they're looking for, what they've seen, player improvements, etc.)...
This was an awesome video! Wish we knew the exact players they were mentioning the specific superlatives about, but regardless it’s refreshing to hear the type of players they are going after! Guys who are tough, work hard, instinctive, winning attitudes. Some people might call them “dawgs”. Whatever you call them, those are the type of players that set the culture of a program and win championships. Autry is passing his first offseason with flying colors IMO. And I’ll be honest, I originally wanted to see JW bring in a coach from outside the program. If Autry can run a practice, make in-game adjustments, etc…then Cuse is going to be back in the mix very soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom