2023 Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

2023 Recruiting

Orijinal

All Conference
Are we doing better in 2023 recruiting than what is being let out of the bag? I'm beginning to believe so. Lots of threads are popping up on 2024 and 2025 recruits. Seems like the staff is getting comfortable moving on to a lot of future targets ...much sooner than I would have expected

In my opinion we aren’t going to take a very big class this year (numbers wise). So we are doing well with what we have committed. If I had to be picky it would be nice to finish off with a few Florida/Georgia boys as they are usually a step ahead when they arrive on campus and usually on another level. But overall we have a very good QB, a very good running back, have done very well in NY with some good players and a few high potential guys. I think the big things that stand out to me so far about this class is the Athleticism of the players and the speed of the players. All of the players committed are really good athletes and we have some BURNERS on this class. A few of them would compete for fastest on the team this year…it’s nice to see. Would like to see us finish off with another d-lineman, offensive lineman, a couple corner/safeties, receiver and probably a linebacker and then I think we would be pretty much all set and then we would take some transfers which Dino has really stepped up and been good at the past couple years. Those guys are huge bonuses if you can get the right guys. I will say this Dino has a very good track record since being here with closing out strong in signing day and transfers. Always a few good surprises that end up being good players for us.

I am of the opinion we should take 25 guys every year and encourage some of the RSo and Juniors that won't contribute, to graduate early.