2024-25 Conference Opponents | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Conference Opponents

Lmao look at our road opponents then look at Dook's and UNC's.

I can't wait until I can piss on this league's grave.

There are 18 teams why are we not splitting home and away by:

BC/SU
Pitt/Louisville
UVA/VA Tech
UNC/Duke
NC State/Wake
Clemson/GA Tech
FSU/Miami
Notre Dane/SMU
Cal/Stanford

There is zero reason to deviate from that.

ND, Pitt and ND are our annually home-and-home designated rivals moving forward. Every year. And I know this won’t be popular, but I like it. They have Big East roots too, which means something.
BC and Pitt are our 'primary partners', meaning we will play them home and home every year. Next year, ND is our 'repeat opponent'. If I read this correctly, the repeat opponent will change each season.

GHiOTp6WkAI11aH
I like it.

Am I the only one who likes how this breaks for us? I know there's a lot of turnover year to year nowadays, but we would expect the toughest games to be:

Blue Bloods: UNC, Duke (both home)
Top-25 Clemson, Virginia (one home, one road)
Top-50ish: Pitt, Wake, NC St (three home, one road)

So of our eight toughest opponents, we split 6 home, 2 road. Flip side is it may be brutal the following year.

Presumably Cal/Stanford is on a Sat/Tues West Coast swing. Maybe FSU/Miami is on a Sat/Tues Florida swing.

Can we find a horrendous Q4 opponent in Texas to pair up with SMU? Like North Central Texas Community Institute of Architecture?

BC and Pitt are our 'primary partners', meaning we will play them home and home every year. Next year, ND is our 'repeat opponent'. If I read this correctly, the repeat opponent will change each season.
Correctamundo!

This is all so stupid.

Miss providence, msg, dc, Philly.

This all is craxy

Yup. Seton hall too. I used to live in nyc, now jersey. I could go to a bunch of games every year. Now if im lucky i get a november game at msg or barclays. Between that and the team living on the bubble or off it for a decade and my fandom has taken a hit. Its just not the same. I hate the acc.

Neither UNC or Duke have to travel to CA. Duke only has to go to Texas. Whoopity doo.

You can certainly tell who the redheaded stepchildren are in the ACC.

I'm predicting Duke and UNC go either 9-1 and 10-0 at home next season. No challenging games.
It’s pretty hilarious that we have no games in North Carolina next year but 2 in California

Am I the only one who likes how this breaks for us? I know there's a lot of turnover year to year nowadays, but we would expect the toughest games to be:

So of our eight toughest opponents, we split 6 home, 2 road. Flip side is it may be brutal the following year.

Presumably Cal/Stanford is on a Sat/Tues West Coast swing. Maybe FSU/Miami is on a Sat/Tues Florida swing.

Can we find a horrendous Q4 opponent in Texas to pair up with SMU? Like North Central Texas Community Institute of Architecture?
North Central Texas Community Institute of Architecture already filled up their non-conference, the entire Big 12 scheduled them

I don’t think Clemson will be nearly as good, maybe swap Pitt and Clemson and I think you nailed it, I like it.

Mike Waters @MikeWatersSYR

Syracuse plays all 3 of the ACC’s new teams on the road; none of them at home.
Gotta question the logic there.

Syracuse is the only team in the ACC that won’t play any of the 4 North Carolina schools on the road next year. Not one. Every other team in the conference, including SMU, Cal and Stanford play at least one game in the state of North Carolina. Again: where’s the logic?

Is any of this a bad thing?

Much rather have UNC, Duke, UVA at home only.

He’d be the first player taken in the draft THIS year as a junior in HS.

Congrats. It’s the worst draft in over a decade.

And just bc he would be taken, doesn’t mean he’d be a star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom