27 Months - The NNBE has to say that | Syracusefan.com

27 Months - The NNBE has to say that

Townie72

All American
If the NNBE were to say at this point that SU and Pitt could leave before 27 months that would leave two holes in each of the left-behinds's 2012 and 2013 schedules and a 6 team conference.

When they identify replacements and expansion targets and these schools actually commit to join the NNBE, you'll see them change that position. The NNBE really shouldn't want us around any longer than they have to. We are a highly visible reminder of the ACC's second "raid" and the potential for fan unruliness and associated incidents are things the NNBE should want to avoid.

Of course, if there are more defections, it might be a moot point as the Conference would disintegrate.

The worst case scenario for SU and Pitt is continued gridlock due with the current football schools not committing to the NNBE so that new members can be recruited. This would mean a deteriorating Big East with Pitt and SU bound to the sinking boat for two years.

I actually think this is likely as I don't think the ACC is going to invite any of these schools nor will the Big Ten.

If the NNBE were to say at this point that SU and Pitt could leave before 27 months that would leave two holes in each of the left-behinds's 2012 and 2013 schedules and a 6 team conference.

When they identify replacements and expansion targets and these schools actually commit to join the NNBE, you'll see them change that position. The NNBE really shouldn't want us around any longer than they have to. We are a highly visible reminder of the ACC's second "raid" and the potential for fan unruliness and associated incidents are things the NNBE should want to avoid.

Of course, if there are more defections, it might be a moot point as the Conference would disintegrate.

The worst case scenario for SU and Pitt is continued gridlock due with the current football schools not committing to the NNBE so that new members can be recruited. This would mean a deteriorating Big East with Pitt and SU bound to the sinking boat for two years.

I actually think this is likely as I don't think the ACC is going to invite any of these schools nor will the Big Ten.

In BBall there are 14 schools if we leave. That is plenty. So why won't the BE let us and Pitt go for the 2012-13 season? Instead they plan to keep us up to an including the 2103-14 season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom