3 Assists and 9 turnovers | Syracusefan.com

3 Assists and 9 turnovers

Cuseball

Starter
that.s what our team has with 4 minutes remaining. On the season more turnovers than assists. With little margin for error that will be the death blow for the season.

Cuse!

UNC had similar numbers against Virginia, even worse for tos

It's hard for me to judge uva because of our serious issues, but they have a style that leads to wins in the regular season

Still... We have serious issues

that.s what our team has with 4 minutes remaining. On the season more turnovers than assists. With little margin for error that will be the death blow for the season.

Cuse!

We don’t have good shooters or passers. Hard to get assists in that case.

Three years in and Howard still isn’t a PG. You can’t magically give a guy ball handling skills and court vision. He’s not a PG.

I think he has decent vision but he's not strong at all with the ball. As a freshman, his vision is what I was excited about.

But yes, he's playing out of position and it's tough. Just like G was. Just like richardson was. Just like Lydon was.

The book is out. You try to play PG when at any given time you have 2 guys on the court who are best in 1-on-1 situations (Tyus is a good spot up shooter but he is face guarded almost all of the time) and the other 2 are zero threats offensively.

Frank isn't a great PG, but when you're playing 2 on 5 (since Frank is the 3rd) on offense it can be really hard to open the offense. ND even said it on Saturday - at any given time we have 2 guys on the court that cannot and will not shoot. It's leading to constant double teams/clogged lanes for Battle, Frank and Brissett. If we just had a stretch 4 this offense would be good I think.

Howard has 7 and 1 assist.

Mods can ban me like they did in the game thread and skewer me but no way would another team/coach allow this kid to handle the ball so much. You can’t keep your job with all these turnovers and shaky handle. Oh, but we’re Syracuse and have no other options. Yes he can shoot now and that is great but every possession is a disaster in the making. Obviously the team has other issues too.

A shame since the defense kept them in it as usual for awhile.

Record, meet broken. Do you how many points Virginia had off 7 Frank turnovers? Well, I'll tell you...eight. The measure isn't how many turnovers it's how many points off turnovers. Duh. Brisset and Battle were a combined 11 for 30. Battle was 0-7 from the three. That was the problem. Duh. Battle had three turnovers with the ball in his hands a fraction of the time as Frank. Enough already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom