3 college teams with 2 projected lottery picks in Chad Ford's mock lottery | Syracusefan.com

3 college teams with 2 projected lottery picks in Chad Ford's mock lottery

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

Duke, Kansas, Syracuse which combined to win 2 NCAA tournament games. Six of Chad Ford's top 14 picks are from those 3 teams. Of course Kansas didn't have Embiid for the tournament, but that is crazy.

8 of the 14(Wiggins, Embiid, Parker, Gordon, Ennis, Randle, Vonleh, LaVine) are FR, 3 of the 14 are Soph(Gary Harris, Marcus Smart, Jerami Grant), 1 of the 14 redshirt Junior(Rodney Hood), 1 Senior(Doug McDermott), and 1 foreign player(Dante Exum).

Welcome to the new NBA.

Duke, Kansas, Syracuse which combined to win 2 NCAA tournament games. Six of Chad Ford's top 14 picks are from those 3 teams. Of course Kansas didn't have Embiid for the tournament, but that is crazy.

8 of the 14(Wiggins, Embiid, Parker, Gordon, Ennis, Randle, Vonleh, LaVine) are FR, 3 of the 14 are Soph(Gary Harris, Marcus Smart, Jerami Grant), 1 of the 14 redshirt Junior(Rodney Hood), 1 Senior(Doug McDermott), and 1 foreign player(Dante Exum).

Welcome to the new NBA.

And chances are only 5 or 6 will be any good in NBA. At least, this is historically how it works.

Wiggins I can see as a Rudy gay type while parker more caron butler than melo but the ceiling is high. Embiid has potential but has a ways to go yet. After that this draft isnt much to write home about. Rules really need to change.

I honestly think that Julius Randle is going to be the next great NBA power forward. I have loved his game from the first time I saw him play.

He could be.. if he doesnt turn into the next zach randolph he could get lost as a tweener though. He uses his physicality too much right now and will need to vary his game more.

If Zach Randolph had Randle's athleticism he would be unstoppable.

Agreed completely.

My comment was mostly about their post games and shifty-ness around the hoop. Randle is already a superior ball-handler but hasn't developed the 15 foot shot Randolph has.

I've loved Randle since game 1. I think he'll be the best pro of them all.

Welcome to the new NBA.
The link has Boston with slightly better odds than Utah. Did they do the coin flip already?

Agreed completely.

My comment was mostly about their post games and shifty-ness around the hoop. Randle is already a superior ball-handler but hasn't developed the 15 foot shot Randolph has.

I've loved Randle since game 1. I think he'll be the best pro of them all.

I don't know. 6-8 stud power forwards aren't too prevalent in the NBA anymore. He seems a little small too me to dominate at the next level.

I don't know. 6-8 stud power forwards aren't too prevalent in the NBA anymore. He seems a little small too me to dominate at the next level.

I actually think the prevalence of the stretch 4 will help Randler to dominate even more. He may struggle some defensively, but nobody will be able to handle him down on the block. If he develops a consistent mid range jumper he could be unstoppable. His handle is already well above average for someone his size.

I actually think the prevalence of the stretch 4 will help Randler to dominate even more. He may struggle some defensively, but nobody will be able to handle him down on the block. If he develops a consistent mid range jumper he could be unstoppable. His handle is already well above average for someone his size.

That's a big if, as he can't shoot from outside the shadow of the basket with any kind of consistency right now.

And I don't understand "nobody will be able to handle him down on the block." That might have been true at the collegiate level, but it undoubtedly will not be true in the NBA.

Since the first time I've seen Randle play I've seen Zach Randolph. He does have more athleticism than Zach, but I see that type of player.

im a laker fan and i want parker, i think hes gonna be a big time scorer

CorduroyG said:
im a laker fan and i want parker, i think hes gonna be a big time scorer
parker will be great. Tim Duncan steady. Embiid has the chance to be a franchise changer imo

The link has Boston with slightly better odds than Utah. Did they do the coin flip already?
Utah and Boston will split 206 ping pong balls and then the last ping pong ball will be decided by a coin flip. At worst Boston will pick 8th. Ainge wants Parker, Embiid, Wiggins, Exum, Randle in that order.

Randle will be Zach Randolph.
I called him a Z-Bo clone after the Michigan State-Kentucky game in November. I think Parker is Glenn Robinson Sr, Embiid is Serge Ibaka, and Wiggins is Paul George/Tracy McGrady.

Napier had a better career than Ennis in college. Crazy to think Napier may be a non factor in nba.

gilardino said:
Napier had a better career than Ennis in college. Crazy to think Napier may be a non factor in nba.
that happens all the time.

Napier is a high volume shooter/scorer in college. The kid could play in the NBA, but his motor/intelligence/athleticism isn't going to get him picked high in the NBA draft. Plus the kid is 22 years old will be 23 years old by next season and is expected to be a finished product. Ennis is 19 years and NBA team will get him younger and be able to take advantage of those 3 extra years. Napier won't have the patience from an NBA team because his age means he needs to be ready for the NBA grind right away.

If Grant is indeed going to go 11th or 12th in the draft like this simulator projects, then he made the right decision. Hands down.

As much as it sucks for us fans, I 100% agree. The trade off however is that he and Ennis both being lottery picks, following Waiters and MCW can't be anything but good for recruiting. If there's any silver lining at all...

I do know this... as much as I am not at all an NBA fan, I'll still be rooting for these guys just as much as I pull for every other Cuse player that's in the association.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom