3 down, 3 left | Syracusefan.com

3 down, 3 left

obliterata

always in chronological order
Three undefeated teams lost today: Nova, TCU, and Colorado State. That means there are only three undefeated teams left: Duke, Virginia, and Kentucky.

I think Duke will be the next to fall, they have some tough games coming up: at Louisville, at St John's, at Notre Dame, and at Virginia. I think UVA will be undefeated when they play Duke on the 31st of this month.

Three undefeated teams lost today: Nova, TCU, and Colorado State. That means there are only three undefeated teams left: Duke, Virginia, and Kentucky.

I think Duke will be the next to fall, they have some tough games coming up: at Louisville, at St John's, at Notre Dame, and at Virginia. I think UVA will be undefeated when they play Duke on the 31st of this month.
Funny how that works--every year, league competition begins, and the number of undefeateds is quickly reduced.

Familiarity breeds contempt (for the higher rated team).

Funny how that works--every year, league competition begins, and the number of undefeateds is quickly reduced.

Familiarity breeds contempt (for the higher rated team).

I didn't give that any thought but you're right, all conference games. And yes, it isn't a coincidence.

By the current numbers Kentucky's toughest game will be at South Carolina. By measuring systems they have about an 80-85% probability of winning that game.

But even if they have a 90%+ chance of winning each individual game, all it takes is to slip once in 18. If you add up the odds they are predicted at 17-1.

TCU was not that good. They had a decent top 100 road win at Ole Miss, but everything else on the schedule was awful.

They may not get more then 6 or 7 wins in the deep Big 12. The Big 12 depth is pretty amazing, even with no great teams at the top.

The Big 12 has been an underrated conference for quite a few years. If you look at recent NCAA tournament results they've been a solid second-best conference behind the Big East with the other 4 power conferences way behind.

I think, and excuse my probable biased view here, Duke will fall next... UK has a good chance of running the table, but as was noted earlier, it is conference time and teams do play a little more intensely... UVa won't run the table, but I do think they have an excellent chance to finish the season with just 2 losses or less... and if everyone stays and they avoid serious injuries, next year UVa will definitely be one of the projected finalists... We don't lose starters and have only 1 senior on the squad...

Who else thinks UK runs the table into March?

I just ran through the SEC, and I don't see anyone I'd peg as the stopper. Kentucky may drop a game somewhere, however unexpectedly, but in all certainty it'll happen because they've beaten themselves.

edit: And both Arizona and Gonzaga (ea @ one loss) are one hell of a lot tougher than either TCU or Colorado St.

Last edited:
I just ran through the SEC, and I don't see anyone I'd peg as the stopper. Kentucky may drop a game somewhere, however unexpectedly, but in all certainty it'll happen because they've beaten themselves.

edit: And both Arizona and Gonzaga (ea @ one loss) are one hell of a lot tougher than either TCU or Colorado St.
Agree. The odds aren't in their favor. He's some basic math scenarios.

Overly optimistic: UK is a 95% favorite in all 18 SEC games. The chance they win all 18 games is 40%.

Optimistic: UK is a 90% favorite game in all 18 SEC games. The chance they win all 18 games is 15%.

Agree. The odds aren't in their favor. He's some basic math scenarios.

Overly optimistic: UK is a 95% favorite in all 18 SEC games. The chance they win all 18 games is 40%.

Optimistic: UK is a 90% favorite game in all 18 SEC games. The chance they win all 18 games is 15%.

And you must add 3 games in the SEC tourney as well, which lower that probability just a bit.

@South Carolina won't be a gimme for Kentucky. I think UVA and Duke may stay undefeated for a while. I think Duke will win @Louisville for Coach K'a 1000th win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom