3 guard lineup | Syracusefan.com

3 guard lineup

B

Brooky03

Did anybody think it kind of didn't suck? It was borderline good, imo, and I wouldn't mind if Boeheim explored the idea of using it more in the future. Now, I know the competition (and size, or lack thereof) had something to do with the lineup's effectiveness, but it might come in handy against conference opponents with strong defensive guard play.

Don't expect it much at all in ACC play. It's simply a size issue. Battle is a bad rebounding guard, and he would be in a position that demands rebounds. Considering our strength is the glass this year (what?), it would be an interesting shift.

But yes, it is opponent dependent.

Don't expect it much at all in ACC play. It's simply a size issue. Battle is a bad rebounding guard, and he would be in a position that demands rebounds. Considering our strength is the glass this year (what?), it would be an interesting shift.

But yes, it is opponent dependent.

Yeah, it's mostly wishful thinking. It would really only work against a team with an undersized 3. On that note, however, Malachi was a SG and roughly the same size as Battle. He made it work at SF in a less than ideal situation.

I'm waffling on my typically hardline stance that we shouldn't play guys out of position, largely because I think this lineup gives us the best opportunity to create steals and score in transition.

To me overall quickness and physicality went to the UB guards. Not a team to try the 3-guard business against. They reminded me a lot of Villanova type of guards. Strong, physcial, quick who could defend, and they were getting into the lane at will 2H making plays. Good shooters too. Speaking specifically about Clark, Massinburg, and Harris. Graves is good too.

To me overall quickness and physicality went to the UB guards. Not a team to try the 3-guard business against. They reminded me a lot of Villanova type of guards. Strong, physcial, quick who could defend, and they were getting into the lane at will 2H making plays. Good shooters too. Speaking specifically about Clark, Massinburg, and Harris. Graves is good too.

Their guards are very good, but (unless I'm remembering it wrong) our short stretch with 3 guards in the game was productive on both ends.

Their guards are very good, but (unless I'm remembering it wrong) our short stretch with 3 guards in the game was productive on both ends.

Not sure honestly. I thought I saw HW pick up his dribble in no man’s land once and nearly turn it over twice but that might have been when he subbed in for Frank. The vape was going so it was literally hazy. ;)

This can't be. We were told on this board repeatedly by JB's close, personal friend that HW wouldn't play at all, other than emergencies. JB didn't think he was ready, we have been told. Does JB care he keeps contradicting his friend in his pressers? JB keeps saying the only reason HW doesn't play more is that he's behind FH and TB.

Lies.

Last edited:
This can't be. We were told on this board repeatedly by JB's close, personal friend that HW wouldn't play at all, other than emergencies. JB didn't think he was ready, we have been told. Does JB care he keeps contradicting his friend in his pressers? JB keeps saying the only reason HW doesn't play more if that he's behind FH and TB.

Lies.

Well played!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom