3 of last 4 weeks, uconn gave up 490+ on offense | Syracusefan.com

3 of last 4 weeks, uconn gave up 490+ on offense

Millhouse

Living Legend
3 of the last 4 weeks uconn gave up 479, 469 and 433 through the air.

i have two words for trying to run run run on that defense in the first half

meat and head

even with a qb as bad as ours, you have to come out throwing against this defense.

i hope no one is excited about 275 through the air against them

3 of the last 4 weeks uconn gave up 479, 469 and 433 through the air.

i have two words for trying to run run run on that defense in the first half

meat and head

even with a qb as bad as ours, you have to come out throwing against this defense.

i hope no one is excited about 275 through the air against them
I don't understand why we don't come out throwing the ball against everybody.

Let's be honest - we have one legit running back right now. One legit running back does not a running team make.

We don't know that. J.Smith looked pretty good in the limited carries he had. Another rough day for Bailey but I think we knew coming in that running on UConn would be tough sledding. Think it is a little unfair to lay this solely at the feet of Nassib. First half was awful but he played very well in the second half.

Please stop - this is horrible bottom-of-the barrel college/Big East football. Run everyone and you'll find something. Ameen-Moore may be over weight, but he drove the pile back 4 yards on one of his first carries and has barely been heard from since.

Let's be honest - we barely have one legit running back so why not try everyone more than <5 carries a game?

We don't know that.
Wheatley does. Preseason someone posted after speaking with Wheatley that we better pray Ant doesn't go down.

Run everyone and you'll find something.
And why exactly would you do that against a team that had given up 400 ypg in the air in 3 of its last 4 when we know we already have something in Nassib, Provo, Lemon, Chew and Graham?

Terrible first half game plan by Marrone and Hackett, how much longer before someone (Hackett) is held responsible, a change is needed this kid is in way over his head.

They gave up all those yards because UConn is terrible and has the least amount of talent in the BE. This game was a real shame...again. 3 games now where talent was not the reason for a loss.

Terrible first half game plan by Marrone and Hackett, how much longer before someone (Hackett) is held responsible, a change is needed this kid is in way over his head.

Hey, you got home OK. We just pulled in 30 mins ago. Any tix on the way back? ;)

And why exactly would you do that against a team that had given up 400 ypg in the air in 3 of its last 4 when we know we already have something in Nassib, Provo, Lemon, Chew and Graham?
how long are you going to pretend like we have something at qb? we really don't

how long are you going to pretend like we have something at qb? we really don't
Pretty much irrelevant at this point. We don't block well. We don't run well. We don't pass well.

At least if we throw the ball a lot with Nassib I can tell myself that some hotshot QB recruit is going to see that and think "I'm way better than that guy and if the coaches let him toss it around that much I'm going to own every school record by the time I'm done." And then some blue chip wideouts have dreams of catching 80 balls a season, etc.

Plus, I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt to the kid Nassib that is all-academic or whatever and has two majors than the coaches that are grown ups, but that's just me.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't losing faith in this coaching staff - and it's across the board from O to D. That loss today is inexcusable.

Hey, you got home OK. We just pulled in 30 mins ago. Any tix on the way back? ;)

Got back about 9:30 made pretty good time on the way back. I only drove the first hour before I had to give way to the GF, lack of sleep finally caught up with me. Best of all no tickets on the way back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom