3 point shooting | Syracusefan.com

3 point shooting

DonLightfoot

All Conference
After four games we are 30.6% from downtown. I expected it to be better given the shooters we have. In fact, in an early season thread I wanted us to be over the 35% plateau. We've had two good games and two not so good. Of course, one was against Virginia. I think we will improve on this stat as the season progresses, but can we be a good team if this is not improved since we have a lack of inside game (which we need and should also see improvement)?

We still shot 37% from 3 last night including 46% in the second half so we didn’t shoot that bad last night the Virginia game is really the only game we didn’t shoot it well

Not worried about our current percentage. Too small of a sample size. We will make plenty of shots.

Virginia was a double edge sword game.. first we missed so many we pressed and 2nd Virg played good D so we took some tougher shots and missed and then missed the open ones..
but Virg has allowed 34-34-42-55.

Buddy shot poorly last night 4-13. but if he makes 1 more 5/13 is almost 40% and thats a solid night. if the team shoots 6/14 besides him thats above 40% and thats solid shooting. 40% vs Seattle and again buddy was 2-7 so the team was 7-14 colgate was 41%.

if we keep the % above 40 we can compete because some nights we will be shooting 30 and making 15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom