3 pointers | Syracusefan.com

3 pointers

SBU72

All Conference
Can somebody tell me what the record season low is for 3 pointers is for SU? Maybe for D1 too. What is the lowest number of made 3 pointers for a player who leads his team in made 3 pt shots. My feeling is that this team is headed for these records.

I think the 86-87 year, the 1st year of the 3 point shot was our lowest total of made 3s at 100, but we hit them at a 40% clip. I think Gerry's junior year was the lowest in terms of overall percentages where the team hit them at a 31% clip, with Gerry at 34%, the only shooter over 30%.

Cheers,
Neil

I think the 86-87 year, the 1st year of the 3 point shot was our lowest total of made 3s at 100, but we hit them at a 40% clip. I think Gerry's junior year was the lowest in terms of overall percentages where the team hit them at a 31% clip, with Gerry at 34%, the only shooter over 30%.

Cheers,
Neil
I was thinking more in terms of actual number of made shots but I guess % works better as the number of games per season vary.

Syracuse made 100 3s during the 1986-87 season. It was the first year of the 3-point shot in college and teams shot far fewer than they do now. We are on a pace to challenge that season low of 3s made.

We have never shot under 30% behind the arc during a season. That might happen this year. The 93-94 team hit a record low 30.6%.

Go Cuse!

Last edited:
i throw out a like here not becuz i like the stat but rather becuz i always like the research put into a thoughtful answer.

i throw out a like here not becuz i like the stat but rather becuz i always like the research put into a thoughtful answer.

Haha I do this a lot and always feel weird. Glad I'm not the only one.

Haha I do this a lot and always feel weird. Glad I'm not the only one.

You guys aren't the only ones, I'm in the club as well. Last night I even went as far as to explain why I didn't give a like that I was going to.