3 times in my life I've rooted for UConn | Syracusefan.com

3 times in my life I've rooted for UConn

Eric15

Living Legend
1. 1999: National Title game vs. Duke
2. 2010: They were having a crap year and won at Villanova who we were competing with for a Big East title
3. This coming Monday at home against Louisville: would like to see Louisville get a Big East loss under their belt.

2. 2010: They were having a crap year and won at Villanova who we were competing with for a Big East title
3. This coming Monday at home against Louisville: would like to see Louisville get a Big East loss under their belt.

I have to admit Im on the other side on all 3 of those. And I hope the ville crushes Uconn.. so they are higher than a kite when we roll in to engage them in a slogfest/rockfight whatever you want to call it.

For all we care, could win every single game this year (except of course against us). It means nothing except it would be one extra loss for all of our like opponents and it would make pretty attractive to the Yankee conference.

Well, that's three times in your life you've made awful decisions! Ha!

In the title game, I strongly rooted for UCONN, too. However, I dislike them much more now...
If 2010 was when they went 6-10, I think I rooted for them several times, too, as there were a few teams nipping at our heels...

Regarding Lou, I'd rather play them coming off a win vs a loss. I've always felt that and then hearing Temple's coach say they probably wouldn't have beaten us if not for losing to Canisus (darn it, why can I never spell Canisius), it reaffirmed...

I've grown to dislike UCONN and Pitt more than Gtown...that 5-10 year period of sucking ruined a good hate.

So is the anti-UConn sentiment as bad now with Ollie in charge as it was with Calhoun?

nope, I will never root for that sorry excuse of a team/program/school no matter what.

I've never had a problem rooting for SU's rivals from time to time as it generally reflects well on and/or is beneficial to SU if they are successful. Now rooting for SU's enemies, that's an entirely different story.

F the ACC

Duke-uconn, I was rooting for "earthquake that swallows up both teams."