33rd in simple rating system rating | Syracusefan.com

33rd in simple rating system rating

Interesting, it's a lot harder on our offense than Ken Pom. Ken Pom has us at 119 in offense, 10th in defense (so pretty close in defense) and 43 overall.
pomeroy adjusts for opponents & home/road/neutral. the linked adjusted ratings are not far off from kenpom: 103 offense, 9 defense, 45 overall

just bear in mind that once the conference champs are set and the major conferences mined 5 deep we are really left battling the rest of the nation for about 6 spots. we still need to do some real damage.

How many loses has this team had that very easily could have been victories. They are sanake bit.

I'm a bit surprised that we are doing that well on offense. And I'm not kidding.
there is some really really bad basketball played in the maa-aa-aaac. (i assume that conference exists)

gotta sort on the srs header, i don't think there's a direct link to that sorted list
We're 33rd for SOS. Strength of schedule.

We're 33rd for SOS. Strength of schedule.
OOF i can't believe i did that. 47th sounds more like it. 33 seemed high which is why i found it noteworthy. yikes, sorry about that

How many loses has this team had that very easily could have been victories. They are sanake bit.

It goes both ways though. The Georgetown comeback was fairly miraculous and if Battle misses that three against Maryland. I feel like our record is a pretty accurate representation of who we are.

It goes both ways though. The Georgetown comeback was fairly miraculous and if Battle misses that three against Maryland. I feel like our record is a pretty accurate representation of who we are.
Yeah. Though KenPom has SU ranked 203rd in luck, slightly negative. Be nice to see another bounce back towards the positive (Marek with the dagger three as the clock expires!). Maybe at Cameron Indoor. That would be amazing. God bless America.
The easiest one to understand is Luck, which is the deviation in winning percentage between a team’s actual record and their expected record using the correlated gaussian method. The luck factor has nothing to do with the rating calculation, but a team that is very lucky (positive numbers) will tend to be rated lower by my system than their record would suggest.
Edited to add: Warren Nolan (neat site BTW) has SU's expected record based on pythag (using points scored and points against) as 16-8, so no luck differential. He also has a final record of 21-10 based on pythag.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom