35% | Syracusefan.com

35%

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
This team has not won this year if they've shot less than 35% from three. SU's last two games they've shot less than 35% from three and have won both games. That's an absolutely huge development. The team is making a concerted effort to get to the rim and get Marek involved down on the block. If they can continue to improve in those areas they will be a much tougher out. The only game SU has lost this year shooting better than 35% from three was against Notre Dame 18 days ago. This team is improving every game little by little. It's fun to watch.

Along with giving up 28 made 3s the last two games both on the road and still winning..
It is not how many threes you score but what does the score board say at 0:00!

Too add one observation which was especially true last night. The strategy seems to be to try and establish the inside game early, so it opens up the outside game later. The first few possessions went through Marek in the high post. He would either try and score himself or feed Sidibe. I believe that helps keep the opponents on their toes and they can't simply smother our guards on the perimeter

Add in a couple of transition buckets (again Marek fed Sidibe nicely on one play) and you suddenly have a very dynamic offense.

I wish we could see it more often, and have seen it earlier in the year. The trend is looking good though

Too add one observation which was especially true last night. The strategy seems to be to try and establish the inside game early, so it opens up the outside game later. The first few possessions went through Marek in the high post. He would either try and score himself or feed Sidibe. I believe that helps keep the opponents on their toes and they can't simply smother our guards on the perimeter

Add in a couple of transition buckets (again Marek fed Sidibe nicely on one play) and you suddenly have a very dynamic offense.

I wish we could see it more often, and have seen it earlier in the year. The trend is looking good though

The nice thing is that the inside scoring is diverse. Hughes/Buddy taking their man into the lane, Marek posting up or operating out of the high post or using the big to big on the fast break. Nearly every player who can handle the ball is looking to get in the lane. It's breaking down defenses. The same thing defenses were doing to us the first 15 games.

I find their shot selection to be far better than it was at the beginning of the year. Hughes will still take 2 shots per game where he just shake/bake dribbles in place and launches a 28 foot flat footed closely guarded jumper, with a a success rate of 2.9%. But in game 1 against UVA that was about half our shots. It sent me into full despair. So glad to see the improvements in the offense since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom