350 out of 351 | Syracusefan.com

350 out of 351

TBCuse11

Starter
Thats where we currently stand in 3 pt FG percentage. Only Florida State is worse. Its honestly hard to accept that only one team in the country shoots worse than us. This is the culmination of a steady decline in team shooting ability over the past few years.

I almost want to head up to Iowa for Grinnell College game just to watch a team who can score like crazy

I'm not convinced that McCullough can't shoot 30%+ from 3pt range.

We need a forward who can shoot 3's. Assuming BJ's minutes aren't going to significantly increase, I say we give McCullough the chance to launch 3 or 4 per game. The worst that can happen is he misses, which is what all of the other starters do anyway.

Edit: He's shooting 100%! Forget about small sample sizes of 1 haha; let it fly, kid!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I foresee we won't get the gameday crew for the 'noles this year. I'll be in vegas early January, where I shall use the powers bestowed upon me and take the under. Prophet gunna profit

I'm not convinced that McCullough can't shoot 30%+ from 3pt range.

We need a forward who can shoot 3's. Assuming BJ's minutes aren't going to significantly increase, I say we give McCullough the chance to launch 3 or 4 per game. The worst that can happen is he misses, which is what all of the other starters do anyway.

Edit: He's shooting 100%! Forget about small sample sizes of 1 haha; let it fly, kid!!!

In all seriousness I think he should take at least 2 a game from the top of the key where its pretty easy to get him really open.

We're also 241 in Free throw percentage. Jesus H.

Yep this team is young and other than Cal where we basically lost touch we've lost because we don't know how to value and work hard at the little things that wind up winning you games. Even with our struggles shooting and or breakdowns on defense if we limited the turnovers, really concentrated at the FT line and worked harder on the defensive glass we could easily be 7-1.

TBCuse11 said:
Thats where we currently stand in 3 pt FG percentage. Only Florida State is worse. Its honestly hard to accept that only one team in the country shoots worse than us. This is the culmination of a steady decline in team shooting ability over the past few years.
It's hard to believe!!!!

There's a team worse?!?

No way!

It's hard to believe!!!!

There's a team worse?!?

No way!

Yes, way. But so far their 3 point attempts are only 23.5% of their total shot attempts, while it's 27.8% of ours. So they are slightly worse shooting it, but exercising better caution in taking them.

:bat:

Cheers,
Neil

It hurts when you don't have anyone that can pull up from outside off the dribble (and we won't all year).
Atleast we only take threes when the ball goes inside out.

Last edited:
It hurts when you don't have anyone that can pull up from outside off the dribble (and we won't all year).
Atleast we only take threes when the ball goes inside out.

Which is scary because a lot of them are open, since kicking it out is a shot we should be trying for.

690West said:
We're also 241 in Free throw percentage. Jesus H.
We take bad shots and we can't make good shots. I got an earful for using fts to judge raw shooting skill

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom