362 Days til the ACC | Syracusefan.com

362 Days til the ACC

BORZAK

2nd String
It is already paying us dividens. From the television package and increased relevance. Thank God we made it out of the abyss that the big east became. I believe in a few short years we could be a solid top 15 program again.

362 days...man that seems like an eternity right now. I can't wait !!

You sure about that? BE hasn't agreed to anything yet.

^+1...and seeminly nothing is happening in this preparation...has 'Cuse had any discussions, did we sue, are we waiting to see what happens with Pitt...seems like 'Cuse is being beyond passive about this

Now that the Boise situation has been resolved, they will have 12 schools for football in 2013, they won't need us or Pitt.

Not worried about this at all now.

Cheers,
Neil

You sure about that? BE hasn't agreed to anything yet.

No, but they will. They are simply delaying the inevitable now. As was already stated, the news that Boise is coming makes keeping SU or Pitt a moot point. They may want to keep us either to punish us or because of separation anxiety, but logistically it will make no sense at all. They'll drag this out for a few more months, if only to try and milk more buyout money from SU and Pitt. I say we have confirmation by Thanksgiving.

I don't think the Big East is in a position to play hardball with anyone at this point. Their member schools will be desperate to play quality BCS opponents and leveraging petty grievances against exiting schools does them no good.

If this season really is our Big East swan song, I bet we hear a definitive answer to the move before the season starts.

I hope you guys are right and tend to agree with you, but I wouldn't put anything past the BE.

If the commissioner-less NNBE wants to avoid looking silly and having this subject come up at every Syracuse & Pitt game going forward, they will resolve this issue before the football season starts. Actually, the sooner the better for all concerned.

Do not under estimate the ignorance of the BE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom