3p% o & d in conference | Syracusefan.com

3p% o & d in conference

Millhouse

Living Legend
I thought this was pretty remarkable.

SU is shooting 39.5% from 3 in conference which is great.

Their opponents are shooting even better - 39.8%!

incredible

college basketball overall is shooting 35% from 3 - shooting is getting better I think (don't have the numbers for multiple years, could be wrong

Aren't we usually amongst the best teams in the conference/country in three point percentage defense? Probably a result of lack of familiarity with the zone with our new guys. We just don't close out on shooters well.

Aren't we usually amongst the best teams in the conference/country in three point percentage defense? Probably a result of lack of familiarity with the zone with our new guys. We just don't close out on shooters well.
gillon going crazy is more fun because of him being a little person but it hurts on defense. but whatever, that was fun as hell last night. hopefully opponents go cold down the stretch

What are the home/road splits on 3pt shooting percentage defense? I imagine it's quite large.

I thought this was pretty remarkable.

SU is shooting 39.5% from 3 in conference which is great.

incredible

college basketball overall is shooting 35% from 3 - shooting is getting better I think (don't have the numbers for multiple years, could be wrong

That's an unbelievable stat on both ends.

Weren't we the #1 3 point shooting D in the country last year? I think teams only shot 20 something percent from 3 against us. Does anybody know where I can look that up?

I think our defensive stat got "padded" negatively by our poor start. Hopefully, it will continue to improve and get closer to what we've gotten accustomed to. Can't continue to let teams hit that high of a percentage and expect to win games.

I'm pretty sure the politically correct term is "munchkin."

I believe that "vertically-challenged" or "elevationally-handicapped" are also preferred. :p

Well, games like last night don't help your case. Has the defense improved since the poor start? That's like saying can Trump win a PR campaign against Satan.

Most of the improvement has come on the offensive side of the ball. I still have nightmares about that UConn atrocity.

Last night was a shootout for both teams. Hardly the norm.

And as JB pointed out, the defense has to get better. Nobody disputes that.

4 guys shooting 39%

if they can squeak in, you could go on a run as long as you feed the guy who's hot. they won't have to play thompson in the tournament if they get there. he'll be fine eventually but not yet

There was actually a single possession in OT where I thought to myself, "Damn, that is what they are supposed to be doing on D"

If I remember it correctly, up 7, the ball went into Abu at the foul line, Lydon did not step up and everyone else fanned out to the shooters...the ball went back out and came back into Abu at the foul line..it happened again and Abu took the 15 footer and missed it with Roberson getting the rebound...

This was, of course followed up b a Gillon turnover, a missed 3 by Janulis, an offensive rebound, a made 3 by Janulis and 1 (Foul on Robie)...and I thought to myself, "We're back, baby." <sigh> (I actually cannot print what I thought to myself so I'll leave it at what I wrote)...