3rd straight double double by Oshae | Syracusefan.com

3rd straight double double by Oshae

Cuseball

Starter
Sure a couple questionable plays and a few chances to finish better but he is doing what we need. Good job by Oshae focusing on hitting the boards and driving. Now we need Frank to step up.

Cuse!

Sure a couple questionable plays and a few chances to finish better but he is doing what we need. Good job by Oshae focusing on hitting the boards and driving. Now we need Frank to step up.

Cuse!

I was going to say the Buddy thread was the most uplifting thing for me today, but this at least rivals it. If we're going anywhere this season, we need more Oshae(some Frank and cowbell would be nice too).

Edit:The below post reminded me I probably shouldnt assume people will know what I mean sometimes. I meant more of the Oshae we grew to know and love last season...the one people were talking about possibly leaving for the NBA. I thought the Frank and cowbell afterward would signify I meant we need more of the good we remember, not necessarily more minutes or plays drawn up for them or anything, just to be clear.

Last edited:
We definitely do not need more Oshae. This team is best with LESS Oshae. That doesn't mean we don't need 10-15 and 7-10 from him. We do. But we should never, ever, need Oshae to create anything. It's statistically a poor idea. He needs to keep attacking the offensive boards and look to create from the low block when he has any sort of advantage. Driving from the three point line is asking for a bad ending a very high % of the time.

We definitely do not need more Oshae. This team is best with LESS Oshae. That doesn't mean we don't need 10-15 and 7-10 from him. We do. But we should never, ever, need Oshae to create anything. It's statistically a poor idea. He needs to keep attacking the offensive boards and look to create from the low block when he has any sort of advantage. Driving from the three point line is asking for a bad ending a very high % of the time.

Speaking statistics, funny moment when young Boeheim had an open three and old Boeheim had him hold up and get fouled. I guess some fans were squawking and he turned around and said something.

But I bet if you ran the numbers, the three in rhythm is more statistically likely to go in than the two separate free throw attempts.

Speaking statistics, funny moment when young Boeheim had an open three and old Boeheim had him hold up and get fouled. I guess some fans were squawking and he turned around and said something.

But I bet if you ran the numbers, the three in rhythm is more statistically likely to go in than the two separate free throw attempts.
I thought about that exact thing.

Would have made more sense not to shoot if he put in a larger effort to not get fouled in order to burn clock. No pass. Not even a dribble.

Oshae is going to have pull out your hair moments - that's just who he is. But I think he did a lot of good things today. Earlier this year, his good wasn't close to outweighing the crazy, so I'll take what I've seen lately from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom