4/5 Stars | Syracusefan.com

4/5 Stars

MikeSU02

Living Legend
Would like to see the numbers confirmed but this is pretty telling. First, good for Utah. Second, we have a serious mountain to climb. Star ratings aren’t the end all, be all, but you need talent.

How many do we have on our roster? Two? Three?

How many do we have on our roster? Two? Three?

would need one of the folks on here that are more tuned in to recruiting but I’d guess 3-5, if we’re counting transfers. Maybe?

I think 6. I think Nunn got a 4th star and one of the LB as well right? That makes 7 I think cause you have Tommy, Qadir, Alton, Abdul and TJackson

It depends on what rating service is used obviously

It depends on the rating service. IMO if any of the 3 top services give 4 stars I consider the guy a 4 star.

We have no 5’s.

9 4 stars - T. Jackson, A. Adams, T. Devito, C.Nunn, M. Jones. L. Kpogpa(sp), E. Hendrix, T. Williams, Q White

It depends on the rating service. IMO if any of the 3 top services give 4 stars I consider the guy a 4 star.

We have no 5’s.

9 4 stars - T. Jackson, A. Adams, T. Devito, C.Nunn, M. Jones. L. Kpogpa(sp), E. Hendrix, T. Williams, Q White

Wasn't Alton a 4 star as well?

It's all what you do with the talent you have

We do an ok job development wise

Not good enough to produce NFL quality picks, which is ultimately what kids want to see

There are unranked teams with more 4 and 5 star kids than some of the top ten teams listed.
Look...if you are going to win a NC, or make the playoffs, you need to be loaded up on 4 and 5 star guys. That being said, if you're happy being a top 15-25 team most years (which is where I think we can get to), you can do it with classes made up of mainly 3 star guys. Classes that rank where we do in that 40-55 range. Just look at the teams ranked 15-25 in the final poll. Every year there are teams that recruit on our level.
I'd love to win a NC, but we're never going to be loaded with 4 and 5 star guys. We can be an Iowa, we can be a K-State, we can be a West Virginia, or Louisville.
I'm o.k. with that.

Would like to see the numbers confirmed but this is pretty telling. First, good for Utah. Second, we have a serious mountain to climb. Star ratings aren’t the end all, be all, but you need talent.

How many 4 and 5 star players each year are there? So just the 10 programs listed have 458 four & five star between them? That’s not counting programs like Michigan, Fla, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, USC, Georgia etc not in the top 10 who always recruit well. It’s crazy how kids are attracted to programs to sit the bench eager to be stockpiled.

Minnesota has five 4/5 star players on their roster. I don't expect MN to end up the year in the top 10 but they are having a great year so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom