-4.5 tonight Nc State | Syracusefan.com

-4.5 tonight Nc State

How much do we figure the Dome is worth for points? 3?

How much do we figure the Dome is worth for points? 3?

Home court advantage is worth anywhere from 2.5 to 6 points depending. The Dome on a 'sold out' Saturday is probably closer to 6. The Dome on a Tuesday night, probably closer to 3.

I'd say your guess is pretty spot on. If this game was on a Saturday it might be worth 4-4.5

KenPom says the Dome gives us +3.5 pts. So on a neutral court we’d be -1, and at NC State we’d be +2.5

BTW, Illinois is ranked playing at home and is an underdog to Mich. St. I cant ever recall this scenario, it's certainly rare.

Has to be fairly rare historically for a Preseason #1 to be unranked at any point that same season.

Has to be fairly rare historically for a Preseason #1 to be unranked at any point that same season.
was thinking the same thing, and I think you can add OSU to that category as well this year, right? Making it more of a unicorn season

Home court advantage is worth anywhere from 2.5 to 6 points depending. The Dome on a 'sold out' Saturday is probably closer to 6. The Dome on a Tuesday night, probably closer to 3.

I'd say your guess is pretty spot on. If this game was on a Saturday it might be worth 4-4.5
Sold out dome sometimes makes our players freeze and play tight honestly.

Yeah there's no concrete way to say what a true advantage gives for the spread. Could be 1 point, could be 10, too many factors to ever be 100% sure

JBs winning percentage is about 73%. His winning percentage in the Dome with 30,000+ in attendance is 64%. Maybe that’s because when we have 30,000+ its because we are playing the best teams. We don’t get 30,000 for the Cornell’s.

line is up to -5.5 now fyi on my website so money must be coming in on us

JBs winning percentage is about 73%. His winning percentage in the Dome with 30,000+ in attendance is 64%. Maybe that’s because when we have 30,000+ its because we are playing the best teams. We don’t get 30,000 for the Cornell’s.
Yes that’s a big part of it and should be factored in. The crowd for big games is sometimes too reactive, though, which maybe puts more pressure on them to make something happen. It’s just the nature of playing in a cavernous arena - it takes longer to ignite the charcoals so to speak.

We did draw close to 30k for Cornell in the late 80s though if I’m not mistaken. Unreal.

This makes both logical & intuitive sense.

Assuming 30k+ only show up for big games vs the top opponents, then you could also assume that those games are likely, on average, a toss up.

In fact, I’d imagine that for those 30k+ games after 2012, we’ve probably been an underdog in the majority of them.

So, that JAB still wins nearly 2/3’s of those games vs the toughest opponents, is a credit to the Dome court advantage, the crowds, the players, and his coaching. :cool:

hey hey hey watch it

Last I heard they're questionable, both missed game Saturday
Yeh i just looked into now, seems they both will be game time decisions although i expect them to play because we dont have that kind of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom