4-7 all time against #1... | Syracusefan.com

4-7 all time against #1...

Jake

Mod
I think only two of those wins are on the road. 1999 Uconn and today. For those of you who remember, Uconn wasn't at full strength for that game. Hamilton?? And another suspended?

My point is this might be the best reg season win on paper in program history.

@pitt is up there. 1st loss in building history and they were about to take over #1 iirc.

But that game was sooooooo boring. Without even looking it up i can tell u the score. 49-46 in at least 1 OT. Possibly 2.

I think only two of those wins are on the road. 1999 Uconn and today. For those of you who remember, Uconn wasn't at full strength for that game. Hamilton?? And another suspended?

Voskuhl?

I remember that win over UConn. That was my freshman year at SU, and my RA was from Connecticut and loved SU, and he literally laughed at me when I suggested SU would give UConn a tough time.

The aftermath was just great fun.

Hamilton was hurt, if I remember correctly. That was a tough year for SU. What was the name of the player who quit the team halfway through the year?

I remember that win over UConn. That was my freshman year at SU, and my RA was from Connecticut and loved SU, and he literally laughed at me when I suggested SU would give UConn a tough time.

Also my freshman year. Where did you live freshman year?

I know one may see 4-7 and see a losing record, but that isn't too bad against the best tem in the country. I told a friend today that Cuse would win 65-64 and I didn't really believe it when I said it. Bottomline the team exceeded my real expectations today despite what I was telling my friend.

I think two players were suspended ... either for illegal airline tickets or sneaker-gate (I forget which suspension it was). Ricky Moore maybe? Or maybe King? Don't remember. But I vaguely remember they had two guys suspended. I was at that game... and my oddest memory of it was yelling at Bernie Fine ... to NOT put Elvir into the game. It was at HCC. A very blurry memory. Or maybe that was another memory from there

if i recall that was an ugly one too.. wasnt it like 59-41 or something like that?

if i recall that was an ugly one too.. wasnt it like 59-41 or something like that?

Just looked it up 59-42 and Hamilton and Voskuhl didn't play due to injuries.

Oddly, I compare it with the Louisville game of my jr in college. JB's first year. Even though we had beat UNC to go to the final four just a year or so earlier, I have always thought that that win really set the stage for what we have become.

Sadler. And I THINK it was that year...my freshman year was 99-00. Was that the same year?

Sadler. And I THINK it was that year...my freshman year was 99-00. Was that the same year?

It was the 98-99 season, the previous year. We beat them your freshman year, my sophomore year, at home when they were the defending champs.

On a side note my roommate and I had the side of our heads on the front page of USA Today when we stormed the court. I'll always remember the PA announcer saying, "We have seven shoes, none matching, if you are missing a shoe." Also I remember going to a frat party and they had two of the folding chairs used for the team benches that they had somehow stolen after rushing the court.

It was the 98-99 season, the previous year. We beat them your freshman year, my sophomore year, at home when they were the defending champs.

On a side note my roommate and I had the side of our heads on the front page of USA Today when we stormed the court. I'll always remember the PA announcer saying, "We have seven shoes, none matching, if you are missing a shoe." Also I remember going to a frat party and they had two of the folding chairs used for the team benches that they had somehow stolen after rushing the court.
Yeah, I stormed the court that game and found myself standing face to face with a very confused looking Sean McDonough. It probably had something to do with the fact that my hair was painted orange, and my face was painted in blue and orange in the style of ICP.

Of the four wins against #1 teams, only one was a home game. Not too bad for a team that never travels.

Yeah, I stormed the court that game and found myself standing face to face with a very confused looking Sean McDonough. It probably had something to do with the fact that my hair was painted orange, and my face was painted in blue and orange in the style of ICP.
I worked at the Dome during most of my years on the Hill - that came I rushed the court as well with my Dome shirt, hat, and name tag on - first person I saw was the Director of the Dome.

Needless to say my Boss heard about that pretty quick, luckily he didn't see my name tag.