4 ACC teams in our bracket? | Syracusefan.com

4 ACC teams in our bracket?

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
not sure why that needed to be the case. Easily swap us with St. Bona and it evens things out. Also, seems like an awfully stacked region unlike the west or east... makes me wonder how much last minute shuffling was done to accommodate Davidson.

not sure why that needed to be the case. Easily swap us with St. Bona and it evens things out. Also, seems like an awfully stacked region unlike the west or east... makes me wonder how much last minute shuffling was done to accommodate Davidson.
Not fair for the other teams if we get through.

Based on the seeding, the Last 4 in was UCLA, SBU, AZ State, Syracuse.

What the committee probably had prior to the Davidson game was SBU, AZ State, Syracuse, ND (they confirmed ND was first out). So the Dayton games would have been SBU vs. ND and AZ State vs. Syracuse. But when Davidson won and UCLA got put into Dayton, all they did was swap in UCLA for where ND was - which is against SBU. It looks like the matchups should have been UCLA vs. Syracuse and SBU vs. AZ State, but I think AZ State is a better matchup for us

Based on the seeding, the Last 4 in was UCLA, SBU, AZ State, Syracuse.

What the committee probably had prior to the Davidson game was SBU, AZ State, Syracuse, ND (they confirmed ND was first out). So the Dayton games would have been SBU vs. ND and AZ State vs. Syracuse. But when Davidson won and UCLA got put into Dayton, all they did was swap in UCLA for where ND was - which is against SBU. It looks like the matchups should have been UCLA vs. Syracuse and SBU vs. AZ State, but I think AZ State is a better matchup for us
I'd rather play asu as well.

Only 1 ACC team in the East was the mistake.
I said to Chris one of Duke or UNC needed to be in the East.

it should be set up so you cant play a confmate until the 16

also, dual identical seeds are stupid

Only 1 ACC team in the East was the mistake.
I said to Chris one of Duke or UNC needed to be in the East.
I'm stunned that they didn't put duke with nova.

4 ACC teams in the elite eight 2 years ago might have made the committee rethink some stuff.