4 assists as a team the entire game | Syracusefan.com

4 assists as a team the entire game

Clemson got assists by virtue of passing it into the post for the easy shot. A lot of our shots are coming from iso plays. Assist numbers are misleading like JB said last week

Joe is too tentative with his passing.

I can't disagree more. I thought that, the last 15:00 of the second half, the offense was horrible. Every basket was a struggle. Ball movement was poor, and many poor shots.

Think a lot of that is related to Dolezaj being out. He’s kind of the Draymond Green of our offense.

The offense was fine. Assists matter more when you have slashers and low post threats. We have neither.

The difference with this team between an assisted basket and an unassisted basket is whether the shooter decides to take a dribble before his 3 or not.

I can't disagree more. I thought that, the last 15:00 of the second half, the offense was horrible. Every basket was a struggle. Ball movement was poor, and many poor shots.
Per Kenpom, Syracuse started the night 20th in offensive efficiency. Now they are 17th. It was an objectively good offensive performance against a strong defensive team, on the road.

It was not SU's best game, but offensively it was more than enough to win.

The offense was fine. Assists matter more when you have slashers and low post threats. We have neither.

We certainly don’t have slashers, but I think Marek is very capable when given the opportunity to go to work in the post.

We certainly don’t have slashers, but I think Marek is very capable when given the opportunity to go to work in the post.

True, but he usually has to do some unassisted maneuvering. We don’t have a great ‘dump it off and dunk’ guy on the roster. Sidibe is selectively capable.

Think a lot of that is related to Dolezaj being out. He’s kind of the Draymond Green of our offense.

I thought the offense bogged down before he fouled out. But yes, him fouling out certainly hurt.

If Edwards makes that pass to Quincy with a minute left then we win.

Per Kenpom, Syracuse started the night 20th in offensive efficiency. Now they are 17th. It was an objectively good offensive performance against a strong defensive team, on the road.

It was not SU's best game, but offensively it was more than enough to win.

We shot 42% from the field, and 29% from 3-pt land, with 4 assists. If this was a good offensive performance, Clemson's must have been off the charts.

Missed several opportunities where the smallest guard on Clemson ended up guarding Q, MD or Hughes and we never once made an attempt to get them the ball

They defended Joe pretty well. Kept him from doing much other than launching from deep. That's the game: keep us from making plays for each other, and we get sucked into Iso ball on a not-hot shooting night.

We shot 42% from the field, and 29% from 3-pt land, with 4 assists. If this was a good offensive performance, Clemson's must have been off the charts.
Well yeah...Clemson's was clearly better, given that they scored more points and were annihilating the interior of SU's porous defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom