4 Assists...total | Syracusefan.com

4 Assists...total

joct

2nd String
3 for Ennis, 1 for CJ.

Granted, when you shoot terrible, you're not going to get a lot of assists, as a couple more hit jumpers could have bumped that. But 4 assists on 21 made FG is pretty bad, and an good perspective of the half-court offensive issues this year. When they did score, it was on a break or one-on-one move.

I'd have to do some research, but 4 assists for the team has to be a low for a long while.

That's the type of offense we run. Too much NBA 1 on 1 crap, but that's what we've seen for years.

That's the type of offense we run. Too much NBA 1 on 1 crap, but that's what we've seen for years.
mind boggling isn't it...we play zone for a defense, then a pro NBA offense that is bad.

Passing the ball around would also help Cooney get open shots

Most assists come when jumpers are made. I mean, the drive and dish for a dunk or layup, or hitting a cutter...that only happens so many times per game.

When you get no fast breaks, and can't make jumpers you're not going to get many assists.

We got tons of good shots tonight.

Running some different offense wouldn't make 7 foot shots in the lane go in, or make open jumpers go in.

I'm convinced the downfall of this season was last season's Michigan game. JB saw Fair carving them up and became enamored with running ISO for him all year. CJ was great vs mismatches, but was overwhelmed with the job of creating offense, imo

I'm convinced the downfall of this season was last season's Michigan game. JB saw Fair carving them up and became enamored with running ISO for him all year. CJ was great vs mismatches, but was overwhelmed with the job of creating offense, imo
Downfall of this team was the ability of only one person to be able to create for one of their teammates... Fair, grant, and cooney aren't creators and it resulted in not a lot of easy buckets and many bad possessions

someone should look up how many games ennis took the most shots. I bet this was the only one, and it was the worst loss.

If you want Ennis to take the game into his own hands and start scoring, there's going to be less assists.
Bad shooting percentage also contributes to the low number of assists.
Sh#t f%cking happens sometimes.

Downfall of this team was the ability of only one person to be able to create for one of their teammates... Fair, grant, and cooney aren't creators and it resulted in not a lot of easy buckets and many bad possessions

No shooters, no good passers. Ugly.

I hope some of these freshman can make shots and pass, next year as soph's. I thought we were bad offensively last year...last years team looked like the Showtime Lakers compared to this year.

I want to see the ball go in the basket next year.

It's the same thing every year. Last year we had MCW and only Southerland that could hit 3's consistently. JB needs to recruit kids that can actually get their own shot and also hit them. Enough with the long athletes that might grow into a good offensive player.

I hope some of these freshman can make shots and pass, next year as soph's. I thought we were bad offensively last year...last years team looked like the Showtime Lakers compared to this year.

it's hard to say who is staying or leaving, but there is zero reason to think this team will be better offensively next year.

We're going to stink next year, unless McCullough and Joseph are super studs. Where are we getting the shooting and scoring from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom