4 * C Robert Upshaw decommits from K State | Syracusefan.com

4 * C Robert Upshaw decommits from K State

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Smart kid, signed scholarship papers instead of a LOI with the proviso that if the coach left he'd get a release. In addition his mom said Robert won't be following Frank Martin to South Carolina.

Think Syracuse should give him a call?

He had offers from Georgetown, Fresno St and Louisville.

no, we are already going to have 2 centers in this class.

I heard UK may be interested in him

The fact that an 18 year old kid has to be this savvy in the recruiting process to protect himself is a great example of how screwed up the NCAA and its processes are. Kids bear all the risks and the schools get most of the upside, and I can't think of any NCAA actions or rulings that actually protected the kids' interests. Horrible. Whole system needs to be scrapped.

The fact that an 18 year old kid has to be this savvy in the recruiting process to protect himself is a great example of how screwed up the NCAA and its processes are. Kids bear all the risks and the schools get most of the upside, and I can't think of any NCAA actions or rulings that actually protected the kids' interests. Horrible. Whole system needs to be scrapped.

What's stopping more kids from signing the scholarship paper instead of the LOI?

You hear about kids going the scholarship route from time to time, but it seems like a no brainer to go that way.

If my kid is ever in this position, it would be very hard to convince me that the LOI is the way to go.

I think it should be sop for the LOI to include proviso's for a kid to have an out.

A. Coach leaving

B. School going on probation

C. Grave immediate family crisis

But that would make too much sense and be a hardship on the schools, we must put the institution ahead of the 17 year old kid who is making the biggest decision of his life besides what he is going to wear that day.

no, we are already going to have 2 centers in this class.

You don't get it. We need to recruit ALL centers that are 4 stars and up. ALL OF THEM. That way no one else gets them. Boeheim's new strategy is center hoarding.

We wouldn't land him anyway. He doesn't want to get posterized in practice every day by Bjorn Calderon.

Maybe JB wants to finally try that all-center lineup. I was at the Verizon Center game a few years ago where he accidentally put Donte Green in at guard. This would just be a logical extension.

You don't get it. We need to recruit ALL centers that are 4 stars and up. ALL OF THEM. That way no one else gets them. Boeheim's new strategy is center hoarding.
boeheim's building his own little hotel on baltic avenue. pass go and pay up sucka!