4 centers? | Syracusefan.com

4 centers?

SBU72

All Conference
How would JB handle having 4 centers on the team. If Matt Haarms were to transfer to SU as a grad transfer there would be 4.5 centers on the roster (MD is the .5) JB has never had 3 centers play much less 4. Rarely even playing 4 guys at ANY position.

Same way he handles having 1 center.
source.gif

Is it a guarantee that Jon Bol Ajak plays at center?
Good question but how often does he move a center to forward? Rick Jackson is the only one I can think of and he played center as much as forward. And he was a forward because there wasn't a better choice for a starting forward. That does not seem to be the present problem.

if we have 4 one of the 2 RSs and if you have 3 then you can press more and not have to use the best center to do it.. We could use it a bit more and not need Marek in the back too. too early to know if this group would be good at it but the size would help

Outside of the top 10 centers in any freshmen class they are all development players.

Fab and Christmas were both top 5 in their classes and they were both not good their freshmen years.

Both Sidibe and Marek graduate next year

we need at least two solid players out of Edwards, JBA, and it looks like Ballard.

we'll see...

Perhaps unlikely, but couldn't it be 5 if the kid from the greatest named school ever (Quality Education Academy) comes here along with Haarms?

I'd try to get them all on the court at once. Like Nintendo NES Ice Hockey where you'd play with the 4 fat guys because no one could knock them down and they had tremendous slap shots.

(yeah, my kid got a Nintendo Switch for his birthday last week, so I'm spending my extended time inside the Overlook playing all the classics).

Perhaps unlikely, but couldn't it be 5 if the kid from the greatest named school ever (Quality Education Academy) comes here along with Haarms?

I'd try to get them all on the court at once. Like Nintendo NES Ice Hockey where you'd play with the 4 fat guys because no one could knock them down and they had tremendous slap shots.

(yeah, my kid got a Nintendo Switch for his birthday last week, so I'm spending my extended time inside the Overlook playing all the classics).

that zone would either by awesome or terrible. Not sure which.

Good question but how often does he move a center to forward? Rick Jackson is the only one I can think of and he played center as much as forward. And he was a forward because there wasn't a better choice for a starting forward. That does not seem to be the present problem.
Rak played the 4 freshman year at times, but that really took him out of his comfort zone defensively. I don't think he played well at the forward spot. But then again, it was a learning year for him.

Lol. I had forgotten that was the only way to really win. Otherwise you are usually getting destroyed.

For a team with guard issues...we're really going all in on Centers! I like it! The length! The length!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom