4 years in, Marrone is now the coach we thought we hired | Syracusefan.com

4 years in, Marrone is now the coach we thought we hired

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
It took a little while, but I'd say that the coach Marrone is today is the coach that we thought we were hiring four years ago.
- Exciting, up tempo offense?
thumbs_020716-rounded-glossy-black-icon-symbols-shapes-check-mark6-ps.png

- Above average line play?

- Enthusiasm for Syracuse football visible both on and off the field?

- Winning games and performing well in conference?

- Recruiting top skill talent? (Allen, Edwards)

There have been some bumps along the way but he should feel great about where the program is today. He's been the architect of positioning the team for even greater success in the future.

I'm ecstatic.

Good post Otto, now lets hope there are a few positive recruiting suprises betwwen now and signing day. That will certainly help momentum.

Coach whose teams finish the season strong --- check. (first time in 4 seasons, and it is So Important.)

As to recruiting, still a lot of work to do with this class. Have to hope the November wins, and a pending bowl game, will begin to turn some heads our way.

Coach whose teams finish the season strong --- check. (first time in 4 seasons, and it is So Important.)

As to recruiting, still a lot of work to do with this class. Have to hope the November wins, and a pending bowl game, will begin to turn some heads our way.
Good call on both points. We've been waiting to see a team improve at the end instead of fade.

The jury is still out on how good a recruiter he is, but I don't worry about that as much anymore. I don't think we have exceptional talent now, but we seem to have systems that work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good post but I am more impressed with the check marks and how you put them on your post.
I wanted to fancy it up a little. Glad it met your approval.

I am convinced now it's just up to the recruits to be convinced as well!

It took a little while, but I'd say that the coach Marrone is today is the coach that we thought we were hiring four years ago.
-
I'm very happy for the coaches and players. They put together a good team this year and have good reason to be proud of what they've done. Kudos to all.

There have been some bumps along the way but he should feel great about where the program is today. He's been the architect of positioning the team for even greater success in the future.

I'm ecstatic.
Someone hacked Otto's account again!

I'm ecstatic.
Agreed. You have to lay a foundation before you can build a mansion. I think based on the first four years, despite some ups and downs, he's built a pretty solid foundation.

Good call on both points. We've been waiting to see a team improve at the end instead of fade.

The jury is still out on how good a recruiter he is, but I don't worry about that as much anymore. I don't think we have exceptional talent now, but we seem to have systems that work.

Honestly, we had some darn good offensive talent in Nassib, Lemon, Pugh, Sales & Smith; and some talent sprinkled around the defense (Bromley, Sharmarko, Davis, Lynn, Reddish). Our system was powered on offense by our seniors. Can't underestimate what they contributed.
Doug has to finish strong with this class. Has to capitalize on the success achieved on the field.

Someone hacked Otto's account again!
I like to think there's some Gordon Ramsay to me.

When I'm not happy with what I see, I communicate it clearly.

When I am happy with what I see, I communicate it clearly.

Funny thing is, he always was. Only perception has changed.
I don't think that's true. I think he's had to learn along the way.

That's not a bad thing, or a criticism. It's actually a big positive that we have a coach that can improve.

I don't think that's true. I think he's had to learn along the way.

That's not a bad thing, or a criticism. It's actually a big positive that we have a coach that can improve.
Eh... I just think more depth gives you more opportunity to make changes and have success. He's the same coach. And yes, of course everyone learns n the job...or should. But as I said, I believe the major difference here is one of perception.

Doug is the same coach as when he started, Hackett hasn't improved year to year, Nassib is the same guy he was as a soph, the offense is the same as last year ...

Or maybe not.

[quote="OttoinGrotto, post: 422317, member: 297"]It took a little while, but I'd say that the coach Marrone is today is the coach that we thought we were hiring four years ago.

I'm ecstatic.[/quote]

NOW HE HAS RECRUITED BETTER PLAYERS NOT GROWN AS A COACH

I like to think there's some Gordon Ramsay to me.

When I'm not happy with what I see, I communicate it clearly.

When I am happy with what I see, I communicate it clearly.

Always enjoy your posts GordoninGrotto! Also appreciate those who can see what is happening.

Best post you ever made Otto - your post should be pinned until after our bowl game!

Best post you ever made Otto - your post should be pinned until after our bowl game!
Meh. It is only as good as any of my other posts, people just like it more when posts are about the good things fans can see as opposed to the not so good things fans can see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom