40 points | Syracusefan.com

40 points

I feel great for Andrew. He deserved a huge Dome send off moment for what he's done this season. Gillon too. They were major additions and eventually turned this ship.

I bet they both wish they had another season in Orange. I know i do.

He was awesome tonight after getting a weeks rest. Amazing that Gillon had a 9-10 game and White had a 8-9 game from 3. Crazy. People got frustrated at times with the 5th year guys but taking the whole regular season, they were awesome. Keep them coming.

It is rare when transfers live up to the hype, and both of these guys not only did, they exceeded it. Which is doubly amazing.

We were very lucky to have them this year.

You nailed it. I know some people had frustration with both of this guys (I didn't really understand it to be quite honest) but it seems like it took the fan base to get behind these guys but they just brought it since day one. Some off days by both but the overall body of work they put up numbers from each position that we haven't seen in a long time.

Both of these guys put up games this year that are historic (look at the complete list of 40 point guys by SU players) and brought this team from no chance for the NIT to the cusp of the tournament (I personally think they're in, but 1 ACCT win I think cements it).

Very proud of these guys, we could only be so lucky to get a couple more like them in the future.

Proud of these guys and proud of JB and staff - they had a lot of challenges and found a way to get the right mix of guys out there and of them in a position to succeed. Great coaching, great delivery by the transfers.

He was awesome tonight after getting a weeks rest. Amazing that Gillon had a 9-10 game and White had a 8-9 game from 3. Crazy. People got frustrated at times with the 5th year guys but taking the whole regular season, they were awesome. Keep them coming.

Looking at the two transfers together now, it's just so amazing. Let's think about this for a second. Even though there was zero connection originally between the two of them and they came to us (thankfully) a few months apart, let's pretend for a moment that somebody comes to SU and Coach B, and says just take both of them. Just trust me Coach. Coach, really, they are both gonna score 40 at some point in a game this season, and they are both gonna shoot 8-9 or 9-10 from three in an important ACC game at least once this season. How long would it take for JB to kick this clown out of his office, lol ?

Last edited:
Looking at the two transfers together now, it's just so amazing. Let's think about this for a second. Even though there was zero connection originally between the two of them and they came to us (thankfully) a few months apart, let's pretend for a moment that somebody comes to SU and Coach B, and says just take both of them. Just trust me Coach. Coach, really, they are both gonna score 40 at some point in a game this season, and they are both gonna shoot 8-9 or 9-10 from three in an important ACC game at least once this season. How long would it take for JB to kick this guy out of his office, lol.

Fantastic post. Just goes to show how unbelievable this season has been at times.

Looking at the two transfers together now, it's just so amazing. Let's think about this for a second. Even though there was zero connection originally between the two of them and they came to us (thankfully) a few months apart, let's pretend for a moment that somebody comes to SU and Coach B, and says just take both of them. Just trust me Coach. Coach, really, they are both gonna score 40 at some point in a game this season, and they are both gonna shoot 8-9 or 9-10 from three in an important ACC game at least once this season. How long would it take for JB to kick this clown out of his office, lol ?
Great post.

Epic post, and EPIC performance!! Although the 2 games were different, the performances each had their own special flavor of Orange Awesomeness, for different reasons. It felt so nice getting to witness this for AW3 in his FINAL game in the Dome. As others have said, such a special thing to see BOTH grad transfers have 40 point games in the same single season they had here. You almost can't write fictional scripts that good...other than if they do something special in the post season. Even without that, I am beyond thankful that these 2 young men came here and did what they did.

I posted about my beliefs of this team being way different in February than when it started, and stuck with those beliefs throughout the season, when others...well I dont need to bring up anything negative in such a good thread. Absolutely feel blessed to have had these guys, even if they had a portion of a season where they started to really fit. With Boeheim and the post season, anything is possible with these 2 and the rest of this team! Transfers, look how you can shine and make a name for yourself at Syracuse! I wonder if John Gillon even could imagine ACC player of the week before this season?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom