4X16=64 | Syracusefan.com

4X16=64

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Is SU one of the most desirable 64 schools? Absolutely. Probably much higher.

Top 64 football
Top 64 basketball
Top 64 all sports
Top 64 academically
Top 64 brand
Top 64 etc

Lets see how everything shakes out. But I'm not concerned one iota that SU is left hanging even if the ACC implodes.

Top 64 football
Top 64 basketball
Top 64 all sports
Top 64 academically
Top 64 brand
Top 64 etc

Lets see how everything shakes out. But I'm not concerned one iota that SU is left hanging even if the ACC implodes.

I agree with your point, but is Utah one of those 64? Vanderbilt? Northwestern? Rutgers? All of those schools have a guaranteed spot already. I'm not worried at this point, but it doesn't make me too comfortable just yet either.

We absolutely are when you average everything out. Academically we have fallen a bit, but are still very well regarded (whenever I tell someone I went to SU, the response is generally "Wow, that's a good school" so screw US News rankings, which through working at a college I've learned are actually pretty bullshit). We are at worst a top 30-40 school, all aspects considered, I would think.

I agree with your point, but is Utah one of those 64? Vanderbilt? Northwestern? Rutgers? All of those schools have a guaranteed spot already. I'm not worried at this point, but it doesn't make me too comfortable just yet either.

As someone pointed out in another thread the number schools right now in the big 5 conferences including SU/Pitt and Rutgers is only 60.

Top 64 football
Top 64 basketball
Top 64 all sports
Top 64 academically
Top 64 brand
Top 64 etc

While I agree with your overall point, I'm not convinced it's as simplistic as that.

Afterall, there are some programs who will definitely make up that 64 team total that might be considered to be "outside" the Top 64. So they are taking up other teams' slots so to speak. Someone is going to get left out that rightfully shouldn't. Maybe it won't be us, but there is the chance it could be.

Cheers,
Neil

While I agree with your overall point, I'm not convinced it's as simplistic as that.

Afterall, there are some programs who will definitely make up that 64 team total that might be considered to be "outside" the Top 64. So they are taking up other teams' slots so to speak. Someone is going to get left out that rightfully shouldn't. Maybe it won't be us, but there is the chance it could be.

Cheers,
Neil

The only BCS football program in NYS that is also a top 10 hoops program nationally will not be left out.

If I had to guess:
B1G 14 + UNC and UVA (or ND)
SEC 14 + Va Tech and NC State (The B1G and SEC are somewhat interchangeable depending on ND)
Pac 12 + Ok State, OK, Texas, Texas Tech
ACC/B12 hybrid - Clemson, FSU, GT, Kansas, K State, Baylor, WVU, ISU, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Duke, TCU, Miami, UConn, Louisville, Wake + one of UNC/UVA/NC State/Va Tech/ND.

Two schools left out from this group: ISU, Wake, TCU, Louisville and UConn.

Cheers,
Neil
No way, Neil.

Our national rep on the hoops side alone puts us in a much better position than many other schools. We also have a FB program with great tradition that is on the rise again along with many other top sports teams ( lacrosse, field hockey, etc) within the Athletic Department. The SU brand is very recognizable across the country.

I would be very worried if I were a school like Boise...who has very little to bring to the table other than a good FB program and little else.

Cheers,
Neil

Agree that some not in the top 64 will be in it. Just like the NCAA tournament. So I'd be worried if I was near that edge. But we aren't. We are much higher than top 64 all things considered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If I had to guess:
B1G 14 + UNC and UVA (or ND)
SEC 14 + Va Tech and NC State (The B1G and SEC are somewhat interchangeable depending on ND)
Pac 12 + Ok State, OK, Texas, Texas Tech
ACC/B12 hybrid - Clemson, FSU, GT, Kansas, K State, Baylor, WVU, ISU, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Duke, TCU, Miami, UConn, Louisville, Wake + one of UNC/UVA/NC State/Va Tech/ND.

Two schools left out from this group: ISU, Wake, TCU, Louisville and UConn.
Why would NC or UVA EVER consider leaving the ACC? Won't happen.

AARRRGGGHHHH!
SU is not being left out!
The ACC is not going away.
People need to turn off the panic buttons.

IF 16 is the future...and that's still a big if, the pac12 will be cannibalizing the b12. Wi don't know where Texas and Oklahoma go (it won't be the ACC). But if there is a Big 4, it will be the PAC, B1G, SEC and ACC.

How long was that new BCS deal signed for 12 years ??

AARRRGGGHHHH!
SU is not being left out!
The ACC is not going away.
People need to turn off the panic buttons.

IF 16 is the future...and that's still a big if, the pac12 will be cannibalizing the b12. Wi don't know where Texas and Oklahoma go (it won't be the ACC). But if there is a Big 4, it will be the PAC, B1G, SEC and ACC.

I really think it'll be more of a 3 conference thing of 20 each. That gets rid of the ACC and Big 12 as we know it.

I really think it'll be more of a 3 conference thing of 20 each. That gets rid of the ACC and Big 12 as we know it.

LOL! I give up. How about one big conference of 120?

LOL! I give up. How about one big conference of 120?

You go back to the original rivals...the Big 10, SEC, Big 8 and PAC 10 can have all their old teams in each division. One happy money making family and fewer teams to split the money with.