5 losses by 35 points total | Syracusefan.com

5 losses by 35 points total

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance

So close yet so far

Very frustrated to know we could, no should be at least two wins better than we are.

Win the next game. That's the goal. Beat Wake. Get to 5-5.

I figured we'd come out flat today and we did.

I think we beat Wake.

Let's Go Orange!

We’re almost there. We just don’t know how to win yet.

I feel like we’re so close. That’s why this hurts. I think in 2014 we lost close games but they didn’t hurt so much because we were never really could have won. We’re so close.

Beat Wake!

We’re almost there. We just don’t know how to win yet.

Disagree. See: Clemson.

Didn't win and don't know how to win are two different things. Clemson showed that we do over 60 minutes.

Revise it to say we don't know how to win on grass and I might agree.

I used to be able to take a nap by halftime if we were on the road against a team with athletes like Florida State or Miami. This is frustrating but it's so much better and we're getting close. Think there are some coaching things to clean up but for the first time since Marrone's staff I feel like we will actually learn from mistakes. Renewed my season tickets last week and can't wait to see what this staff can do for us.

Bottom line is this team needs to learn to win. They aren’t there yet. Yes we beat Clemson, but it was Home, there QB was hobbled and a sitting duck, we got there backup QB, and to be honest we didn’t play a very clean game. We should have handeled Clemson and yet the game was much closer then it should have been.

I hope that doesn’t sound critical. Because any team in the last couple years, would have lost that game. These coaches are getting better talent, more depth, more quality backups that can play in case starters go down. We have played some very good teams this year and every game has been a dog fight. This team is learning. And this team needs a Bowl because they need more practices to gel. It would be a huge direction for this program and give the younger guys more reps to grow for next year.

Yes we lose a lot next year, our stud linebacking core and our two best wide receivers. But I have no doubt that the staff will gave players to fill there shoes. For the most part, this team is very young. Next year I believe we will win at least 8 games.

Without jinxing it, i think we win this game if Dungey doesn’t get hurt. He wasn’t himself and he missed almost a whole quarter if not more of football. Mahoney cannot run this offense. At least next year, we will have a capable backup that should be able to come in and run the offense if something happens to Dungey. Obviously Dungey is the guy next year, no doubt about that. But having depth, especially with dungeys injury history with how hard and reckless he is with his body will help.

So close yet so far

Very frustrated to know we could, no should be at least two wins better than we are.

Win the next game. That's the goal. Beat Wake. Get to 5-5.

I figured we'd come out flat today and we did.

I think we beat Wake.

Let's Go Orange!
I think that part of this is 'learning how to win,' and part of it is bad luck. Either way, I think it bodes well for next year. We're knocking on the door, and it's only a matter of time before we come on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom