5 mins from Bayer? | Syracusefan.com

5 mins from Bayer?

Caboose

Scout Team
I think this kid has shown that he's good enough on defense and error-less enough on offense to warrant five minutes of PT. To extend a timeout or two of rest here and there for Battle and Howard would be huge. Coach K is going to full court press us right off the bat, or at least use token pressure right away in an attempt to speed up the pace the game. Energy is going to be at a premium this game. It's going to be interesting to see how Boeheim responds.

Just because Michigan State was stupid and never doubled Battle or Brissett and forced Bayer to shoot doesn’t mean he should play.

All yesterday showed that if we get foul trouble in the back court the defense can remain effective.

Don’t want Bayer playing against Duke unless the guards get foul trouble or injury please no.

Bayer did just fine thank you. Made two good defensive plays at the end. He did not hurt us on offense as about the only thing he did was receive and give a pass or two, that was about it. I was texting my buddy and said he is wide open on the wing totally undefended and Tyus wasn't even looking his way on any offensive set. Can't say I disagree with that, but if such a situation arrives again it may be worth considering as I understand he can shoot fairly well.

Just because Michigan State was stupid and never doubled Battle or Brissett and forced Bayer to shoot doesn’t mean he should play.

All yesterday showed that if we get foul trouble in the back court the defense can remain effective.

Don’t want Bayer playing against Duke unless the guards get foul trouble or injury please no.
I definitely see your point but my point is that he's proven himself to be someone who plays under control. I honestly don't see why five minutes from him can't at least be considered. We played Michigan St for God's sake, it's not like his performance was a fluke against Cornell or something. I think the benefits far outweigh the risk. Having battle and Howard playing 37 minutes instead of the full 40 would be stupendous.

Yes please, give one of our guards a break.....

Yup. Whether you think it's the right thing to do or not, ain't gonna happen...

The last time Bayer played before yesterday was at the end of the half against Louisville and it was ugly. I'm going to guess that's played a part in him not playing since.

Duke will do the token 1-3-1 “press” then fall back pretty quick, it’s barely even a press. Dukes guards barely come out less than ours

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom