5 ways Syracuse football can set itself up for success this offseason | Syracusefan.com

5 ways Syracuse football can set itself up for success this offseason

... I guess I need to update my website, since Bailey caught an oopsie.

Two linemen the article listed as following:
One is a guard
Other a center

Only way that helps is, a center to take over for Servais, if he goes to the edge. A guard to take over for Heckel, if he goes to C.

I'm not seeing many OTs available. Anyone else?

Two linemen the article listed as following:
One is a guard
Other a center

Only way that helps is, a center to take over for Servais, if he goes to the edge. A guard to take over for Heckel, if he goes to C.

I'm not seeing many OTs available. Anyone else?
Yeah we're totally screwed. There's not like six of them on the roster or anything. They definitely haven't recruited or spent any time developing like 13 linemen over the last 3 years. No guards or centers. Cupboard bare. Not even crumbs. Totally heff'd.

Need like eighteen grad transfers if we're going to make it.

Yeah we're totally screwed. There's not like six of them on the roster or anything. They definitely haven't recruited or spent any time developing like 13 linemen over the last 3 years. No guards or centers. Cupboard bare. Not even crumbs. Totally heff'd.
Hah. I think this is the first time Dino has publicly called out a position, saying we could use a transfer. We'll be fine, however it works out, but I found that comment interesting, and a little out of character.

Alfred Hitchcock.

Or, for those of us with 9 year olds.

D31D7963-1964-4BE7-8DE8-0D1004FC163D.jpeg

Is it more depth we are worried about versus expeirence? My only worry with grad transfers is current players still don’t game expeirence and we are in the same position this time next year. Our O-line will learn and grow as they get more experience

To me it was a challenge to the current OT's from Babers that's all. Step it up or we'll find someone to snatch that chance from you in 2019. Maybe in the spring a few guys take the words to heart and show out.

Is it more depth we are worried about versus expeirence? My only worry with grad transfers is current players still don’t game expeirence and we are in the same position this time next year. Our O-line will learn and grow as they get more experience
My guess is both - based on Dino's comments. As of the last game it sounds like he felt he didn't have 2 ready tackles, or maybe a complete 2 deep. None with 1st team game experience at the position. As cusefan88 pointed out, it may have been a challenge to the tackles.

Either way, it seemed out of character.

In the Camping World post game, Dino said we have to try to rebuild the Oline. If we do, we have a chance. If not, we're not going to be as good. Fairly big deal. closed with the Oline is key to everything we do.

I think they'll figure it out.

Last edited: