51-25 holy crap | Syracusefan.com

51-25 holy crap

I don't think it is as dire as you make it sound. TR did not have a good game and got into foul trouble. DC should have played more maybe his knees were bothering him. And our shooting was off. I thought the guys looked tired. I know it's been a few days since they won Atlantis but maybe the travel and all the emotions made them exhausted. If this team plays this way on Saturday against GT then I think we are in for a long season.

This really had trap game written all over it between Atlantis and GTown on Saturday. I love our O with Lydon at the 5, but it's clear vs. good rebounding teams we can't use that lineup for extended periods. DC has proven he can rebound and we will need him, even if he doesn't give us much offensively. Lydon's basketball IQ is obvious and he'll be one o fht ebetter ones we have at the 5, but until he bulks up more he'll struggle vs. teams like this. We need DC

Can you imagine what carolina is gonna do to us on the boards?

Terrible loss, gotta beat gtown to make up for it.

Rebounding is tough to fix. It's tough for us even when we have big bodies, and we don't this year. The top of the ACC is going to eat us alive.

We are also playing zone with a shockingly small lineup. Pieces do not fit this year.

Ryan's team are always physical and they are fundamentally sound. They BLOCK OUT. It's like religion for them. Our skinny guys were bouncing off the Wisconsin guys like ping pong balls off a racket.

Ryan's team are always physical and they are fundamentally sound. They BLOCK OUT. It's like religion for them. Our skinny guys were bouncing off the Wisconsin guys like ping pong balls off a racket.

Skinny being the operative word. We have no power up front, and we knew it would bite us sooner or later.

Skinny being the operative word. We have no power up front, and we knew it would bite us sooner or later.

Happ was skinnier than our guys.

Happ was skinnier than our guys.

Yeah but he clearly was forced to watch Hoosiers repeatedly as a child. All the fundamentals.

I haven't seen us get a shellacking on the boards like that since the 2001 NCAA tourney loss to Kansas. I knew this team was going to have rebounding problems, but last night is beyond words.

It's a minor thing, but it's not totally as bad as it looked; they had 9 more turnovers than us. So 9 fewer shots to take, some would miss, and you're more likely to get defensive boards than offensive boards.

Like I said, it's a minor thing. It was still really bad; they had more offensive rebounds (16) than we had defensive rebounds (13).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom