51-7? | Syracusefan.com

51-7?

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Even very good teams get clocked.

Clemson got crushed.

Wow.

Florida State is to Clemson as Clemson is to Syracuse.

Can we just skip the tip to Tallahassee? :(

Possibly the best FSU team in years. Makes we wonder if we can ever get to that level, yet we almost beat them at the Dome not long ago with no better talent than we have now.

Possibly the best FSU team in years. Makes we wonder if we can ever get to that level, yet we almost beat them at the Dome not long ago with no better talent than we have now.

They have better talent than they had then.

Even very good teams get clocked.

Clemson got crushed.

Wow.
Ej Manuel should've been in the bench last year. These qbs are so prepared around the country to be good from the start. And we still think we need to wait three years for them to develop...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ej Manuel should've been in the bench last year. These qbs are so prepared around the country to be good from the start. And we still think we need to wait three years for them to develop...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking the same thing regarding talent...here's a kid going into Death Valley as a freshman and it was like he was just strolling through the park. Talent, talent talent...that's what's needed.

I can't believe that Fla. State is THAT much better than Clemson as the final score indicates. But they certainly placed themselves in the conversation as a NC contender. Right now, Alabama, Oregon, Fla. St and Ohio St look head & shoulders above everyone else.

Florida State is to Clemson as Clemson is to Syracuse.

Can we just skip the tip to Tallahassee? :(
Seriously. Against decent teams, we can't run and we can't stop the run. And we certainly can't pass or defend the pass against almost any FBS team. So I'm really not sure whether it's worth the humiliation to play any more games, most especially against FSU. The game is guaranteed to be an absolute joke, unless they have their women's field hockey team out there (and they're probably pretty good too).

Maybe we should negotiate a default score -- say 49 - 0. Unfortunately, I'm not sure they'd agree to stop at half-time.

Last edited:
I don't think Ohio State looked that good and their strength of schedule is weak. If I had to guess that when the BCS rankings come out that FSU is ahead of them. It will go Bama, Oregon, FSU then Ohio State.

Seriously. We can't run and we can't defend the run. And we certainly can't pass or defend the pass. So I'm really not sure whether it's worth the humiliation to actually play. Maybe we should negotiate a default score -- say 49 - 0. But I'm not sure they'd agree to stop at half-time.

As much as it pains me to say hit, we were rarely, if ever, so upside down when DM was coach.

We defend the run very well, what we don't defend well against is bush league cut-blocking where you can end your career.

If someone told me that running full speed to make a tackle that I was going to get cut blocked and have my knees taken out and possibly my career ended. I would slow down too, it's more fear of the above that slows down defenders than actual talent or scheme.

Go back and watch the game again and watch how the center "blocks" after he snaps the ball. 50% of plays he bear crawls through the defense looking for knees to chop. Doesn't belong in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom