6th in the coaches poll | Syracusefan.com

6th in the coaches poll

Kind of suprised Louisville only dropped 8 places to 13...they have had a pretty hard few games lately...was thinking 15-18 for them...

Kind of suprised Louisville only dropped 8 places to 13...they have had a pretty hard few games lately...was thinking 15-18 for them...

I am stunned to be honest with you. I expected at least 17.

I think the voters realize they are still a very good team.

Oh they definitely are but you also need to start winning games. Tonight game vs Pitt will either keep the min the runningfor a BE regular season title or eliminate them. I am very excited to watch this game.

Oh they definitely are but you also need to start winning games. Tonight game vs Pitt will either keep the min the runningfor a BE regular season title or eliminate them. I am very excited to watch this game.
That and the 9 pm game I can root for Kansas to lose.

That and the 9 pm game I can root for Kansas to lose.

I wouldnt hold your breath. WVU is awful. I am assuming that at some point in the first half I will be switching channels and start watching the SWAC game.

Same in the AP poll but Michigan is #1

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Michigan (51) 19-1 1,611
2 Kansas (13) 18-1 1,572
3 Indiana 18-2 1,457
4 Florida (1) 16-2 1,420
5 Duke 17-2 1,328
6 Syracuse 18-2 1,322
7 Gonzaga 19-2 1,177
8 Arizona 17-2 1,160
9 Butler 17-3 1,023
10 Oregon 18-2 969
11 Ohio State 15-4 945
12 Louisville 16-4 905
13 Michigan State 17-4 897
14 Miami (FL) 15-3 894
15 Wichita State 19-2 621
16 Ole Miss 17-2 473
17 Missouri 15-4 464
18 Kansas State 15-4 463
19 North Carolina State 16-4 431
20 New Mexico 17-3 333
21 Creighton 18-3 312
22 San Diego State 16-4 302
23 Minnesota 15-5 281
24 Cincinnati 16-4 220
25 Marquette 14-4 216
  • Others receiving votes: Georgetown 121, UNLV 56, Wisconsin 45, UCLA 34, Arizona State 14, Notre Dame 12, Pittsburgh 10, Louisiana Tech 8, Villanova 6, Baylor 5, Iowa State 4, Memphis 4, Virginia Commonwealth 4, La Salle 3, Saint Mary's 2, Colorado State 1
  • Dropped from rankings: Virginia Commonwealth 19, Notre Dame 24

Poll voters like stability and order. With so many top teams losing lately they want a blueblood team that will likely hold the spot for a while. Kansas is as blueblood as it gets and the Big 12 is so weak that KU will likely run the table. I think Michigan is the best team but given the strength of the B1G and the upcomimg road games that UM has to play, they will likely lose a game somewhere. Someone explain how Mich State loses and goes up in the rankings. I know they gave Indiana a good game yesterday, but they lost.

Poll voters like stability and order. With so many top teams losing lately they want a blueblood team that will likely hold the spot for a while. Kansas is as blueblood as it gets and the Big 12 is so weak that KU will likely run the table. I think Michigan is the best team but given the strength of the B1G and the upcomimg road games that UM has to play, they will likely lose a game somewhere. Someone explain how Mich State loses and goes up in the rankings. I know they gave Indiana a good game yesterday, but they lost.

Seth Davis had Sparty at 5. I mean What

For losing twice to unranked teams, albeit on the road, the 7/8 spot drops for Louisville are awfully generous.

I will give you all one team that will run the table and be a big thorn in the side of teams vying for a #1 seed.

Gonzaga

They will win out and will win their conference tourney. Just dont know hoe many teams they will jump to get to that #1 line.

I will give you all one team that will run the table and be a big thorn in the side of teams vying for a #1 seed.

Gonzaga

They will win out and will win their conference tourney. Just dont know hoe many teams they will jump to get to that #1 line.
I get this feeling they will be in Dukes bracket.

Gonzaga

Their schedule from here on out will harm their SOS, and any loss except at BYU or SMU, would certainly be devastating.

At the end of the day, if they run the table, you probably treat them as pseudo Big 12 champs (5-0) and seed them accordingly.

Their schedule from here on out will harm their SOS, and any loss except at BYU or SMU, would certainly be devastating.

At the end of the day, if they run the table, you probably treat them as pseudo Big 12 champs (5-0) and seed them accordingly.

They are currently 8th in the RPI and 9th in the Sagarin. I dont know how much more they will go up but if they hold around the top 10 and run the table I would think that they would be no worse than a 2 wit ha damn good shot at being a 1.

Am I the only one who thinks Duke at #5 is a little bit much?

And Oregon at 12.

Gonzaga still has to go to St Marys and BYU; so it's possible they could lose. If they run the table they have a chance at a 1.

With the way Duke has played without Kelly, that seems to be leaving a 1 seed open, so to speak. Two weeks ago I would've said whoever wins the BE regular season, especially if its outright, gets a 1. That's certainly still in play, but Marquette isn't getting a 1 if they win the league.

Big 10 has a chance to land 2 #1's. They are certainly getting 1. Kansas is looking good for 1.

Can I say again that Florida is the best team? They shoot well both inside and out, defend even better, are deeper than the other top teams, and will run the table in the SEC (yes i know a weaker league in hoop). They have nice blend of experience and young guys with excellent balance. They have a very skilled big who can play away from hoop effectively, while the other big defends the rim. They are not just beating teams, they are waxing them like we dream of doing, e.g. Missouri by 30. You can mock Billy the kid, but he has championship hardware to prove his ability.

For the coaches poll, I would have flip-flopped 1 and 2, 5 and 6.
Have to give credit to Duke for their schedule to this point even though UK was ranked at the time (lol), but that was an old fashion beat-down, Miami style.

We don't lose like this the entire season.

I would hate to have to guard Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga center) as he operates in the middle of the 2-3 zone.

At the same time we could get it going in transition.

Keeping it to the top 20 teams...

What are your top 5 in terms of who worries you the most in a tourney matchup?

I would probably take Michigan, Indiana, Gonzaga, Duke and ??

I would hate to have to guard Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga center) as he operates in the middle of the 2-3 zone.

At the same time we could get it going in transition.
Yeah, completely agree. Any big man who can hit the foul line jumper and/or pass high-low, spells trouble for our zone. That is, if they can get him the ball over the top of our zone.

In a 1 game scenario any team is vulnerable. Therefore every team should be scared of each other. Now I'm even getting nervous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom