7 points 10 defensive rebounds | Syracusefan.com

7 points 10 defensive rebounds

Dolezaj needs to facilitate. He’s not a scorer as of this time, and when he makes a foul/bad play defensively he often carries it over to our next possession and causes a turnover there.

Moyer’s gotta make more of his playing time on a more consistent basis.

Dolezaj needs to facilitate. He’s not a scorer as of this time, and when he makes a foul/bad play defensively he often carries it over to our next possession and causes a turnover there.

Moyer’s gotta make more of his playing time on a more consistent basis.
Regardless of role, we need to get a helluva lot more than 3.5 points per game from our 4 position

does anybody understand their role ? is there any sense of cohesion or wolf pack mentality on how best to take down prey ?

I think part of it is we are seeing bigger teams. Sure, Moyer was great vs. VaTech, but they have no size compared to the majority of ACC teams. Any team that has size and actively crashes the boards will give us big issues it looks like.

Regardless of role, we need to get a helluva lot more than 3.5 points per game from our 4 position
Well they’re essentially first year players and we only have one guard that looks to pass to them.

Oshae and Tyus put a magnifying glass over this teams depth issues and youth due to their dificulty creating for others or even looking

Marek Dolezaj has more assists than our nba prospect “2”. Let that sink in. That absolutely worries me. Marek averages a fraction of the pt and 1.6 assists per game. This team has many reoccuring flaws.

Last edited:
Neither player is going to give us meaningful offense if they are yanked after missing any shot that's not a dunk.

Neither player is going to give us meaningful offense if they are yanked after missing any shot that's not a dunk.
lol love this narrative. MD has taken all kinds of shots this season and doesn't get pulled. Moyer was pulled yesterday because he started the game looking like he'd rather be anywhere else

lol love this narrative. MD has taken all kinds of shots this season and doesn't get pulled. Moyer was pulled yesterday because he started the game looking like he'd rather be anywhere else

Right. I’m almost positive that Boeheim pulled Moyer for being nowhere near the play when ND got multiple offensive rebounds in a row? It was definitely a defensive possession that got him pulled.

He’s pulled him before for shooting 3’s...not for shooting the ball in general. I’m amazed that people can criticize a coach for trying to get his guys to take shots they can make, and spin it as “not allowed to shoot”.

Right. I’m almost positive that Boeheim pulled Moyer for being nowhere near the play when ND got multiple offensive rebounds in a row? It was definitely a defensive possession that got him pulled.

He’s pulled him before for shooting 3’s...not for shooting the ball in general. I’m amazed that people can criticize a coach for trying to get his guys to take shots they can make, and spin it as “not allowed to shoot”.
yep and JB even gave him more rope after his early non-participation on the glass, until he threw an inexcusable lazy pass to an ND player for an ND break the other way

No idea what you're looking at. You don't see Moyer holding the ball looking for the " right" thing to do when it's passed to him? If he even glances at the rim peripherally ... and I don't care if it's 5 seconds into the game... Marek is pulling off his warmups.

No idea what you're looking at. You don't see Moyer holding the ball looking for the " right" thing to do when it's passed to him? If he even glances at the rim peripherally ... and I don't care if it's 5 seconds into the game... Marek is pulling off his warmups.

I’m looking at a player that can catch the ball and dunk when others set him up, shows some instincts for cutting to the basket and catching it and dunking, and who has shown flashes of being able to hit the offensive boards and put it back in.

I guess you think it’s the coaches fault that he can’t effectively shoot, pass, or dribble or look comfortable playing on the perimeter yet at this level? Like, he could do it if the mean coach would just encourage him to do so?

I’m sure once he’s good at shooting, Coach will want him to shoot the ball from spots that he’s good at shooting from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom