74 years ago | Syracusefan.com

74 years ago

SWC75

Bored Historian
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-baskbl/archive/061213aab.html

Impossible not to root for the Badgers, even though Duke is in our conference. They are a blue collar team with 4 year types and only their very oldest fans remember when they were champions. And the championship back them meant about 1% of what it means now.

Duke will be tough, though. They are playing their best ball of the season. And the Badgers were pointing to Kentucky for along time. I know Duke beat them early in the season but it will be tough to be that far 'up' for another game.

This is a Washington State highlight film but it shows the Badgers beating them for the title:

Reactions: cto
Somebody please explain that lane to me. I knew the lane was much more narrow, but the markings down by the basket seem very odd.

As always, great find SWC!

Tomorrow night I'll be hanging out with friends at a bar in Appleton, WI...we had to make reservations by Wednesday last week for the championship game night, otherwise we wouldn't be able to get in. This area is usually Packers 365 days a year, but church today was a sea of red as everyone had some kind of Wisconsin gear on.

I've been ambivalent to Wisconsin sports since I moved out here, but for whatever reason this team captured my interest early in the year - nothing will match 2003 for me, but a Wisconsin win tomorrow would be pretty awesome IMHO.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-baskbl/archive/061213aab.html

Impossible not to root for the Badgers, even though Duke is in our conference. They are a blue collar team with 4 year types and only their very oldest fans remember when they were champions. And the championship back them meant about 1% of what it means now.

Duke will be tough, though. They are playing their best ball of the season. And the Badgers were pointing to Kentucky for along time. I know Duke beat them early in the season but it will be tough to be that far 'up' for another game.

This is a Washington State highlight film but it shows the Badgers beating them for the title:

It is possible and I'm living proof. Go ACC and I have Duke to win the tournament which yields me a nice sum.

Let's go Devils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom