75-2. Non-league record for the last six seasons. | Syracusefan.com

75-2. Non-league record for the last six seasons.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Starting in 2008-2009 Syracuse has a 75-2 record in non league games. Only two losses to Cleveland State at home and Temple at MSG. I don't care what some of talking heads say, and even non Cuse fans, like the guy who works where I bank, but Cuse does play some tough out of conference games and some out of New York State. No matter what side of the arguement fans and non fans are on, 75-2 is very impressive.

Going back six seasons before this streak, it looks like Syracuse was 63-11 in non league games. Still very impressive but not as impressive as the current run.

http://www.docsports.com/schedules/college_basketball/2012/Syracuse.html

http://www.orangehoops.org/GameResults/G2013-2014.htm

I think having St. Johns and Nova every year plus a Good Preconference Tourney and a game against a premier bIg school every year plus the ACC being sold by ESPN harder than ever will cause people calling out our schedule to go away a bit over the next few season.

I think having St. Johns and Nova every year plus a Good Preconference Tourney and a game against a premier bIg school every year plus the ACC being sold by ESPN harder than ever will cause people calling out our schedule to go away a bit over the next few season.
Thanks for responding to this post. I can't believe no one else had anything to say about it. Are we that spoiled that we take 75-2 for granted or is it that Cuse has gone 75-2 and has no hardware to show for it.

As we enter 2014 I'll give props to the coaching staff for recruiting very talented players and getting them ready to play every night. Rob Murphy was a big part of this streak and of course our current staff is second to none. Of course some would wish for a big man coach, but oh well, there has to be something for the Cuse faithful to kvetch about.

I was just thinking the same thing how the record could easily be 77-0. That would be amazing.

temple and cleveland state were the better teams on those days though.

Yea, clev st his a crazy buzzer beater to win, but if im not mistaken they were in control a lot of that game.

That Cleveland st shot was unbelievable! Every time I see them play I hope they miss every shot. Either way that record is amazing and we are so fortunate to have a coaching staff that can steer us through the pre conference season every year.

temple and cleveland state were the better teams on those days though.

Yea, clev st his a crazy buzzer beater to win, but if im not mistaken they were in control a lot of that game.

Agree. It makes it a little easier to accept 75-2. ;)

Well, I hope we get to continue to play Nova and St. John's every year, but has either signed a long term deal yet? Last I heard, both were two game series.

And still no word on the long-term 10 year deal with Georgetown that supposedly both ESPN and FOX want to happen.

I guess I'm your typical SU fan that wants an ACC football schedule (including Maryland OOC), but a Big East flavored bb schedule with a dash of ACC - Duke, UNC, NC State and FSU.

:D

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors