76ers and MCW close to getting a W tonight... | Syracusefan.com

76ers and MCW close to getting a W tonight...

Deano

All American
They are up 6 with 45 seconds to go. MCW and Noel just had a sweet play to give that 6 point lead.

NBA TV now has game on.

I was about to start this thread. You beat me to it Deano. Very close to a triple double for MCW. 20 pts (according to ESPN), 9 rebs, 9 assists.

They apparently need to do the "Costanza Opposite". The two teams played the first minute plus, going towards the wrong baskets.

They apparently need to do the "Costanza Opposite". The two teams played the first minute plus, going towards the wrong baskets.

lol, what? And the refs didn't catch it?

Michael Carter-Williams helps lead Philadelphia 76ers to first win of season after 17 losses

16490890-mmmain.jpg

for those of you who actually watch Sixers games, how's Noel looking?

for those of you who actually watch Sixers games, how's Noel looking?

Meh. He's athletic, but very skinny. Very underdeveloped offensively [no surprise there], and he's a bit of a tweener in that he has forward size but is playing center, and gets pushed around a little bit right now. They take some lumps out there on both ends with him playing, but it is important to keep in mind that he didn't play at all last season, and should only be at the beginning of his junior year in college. They'll be better off down the road [i.e., in upcoming seasons] for force feeding him these minutes now.

so wait, I haven't been on the hoops board too much, but jeremy grant isn't playing at all on the worst team in the league? Ouch.

so wait, I haven't been on the hoops board too much, but jeremy grant isn't playing at all on the worst team in the league? Ouch.

And he's getting paid for it!

Noel looked just ok when I saw theym play the Knicks. He was definitely the focal point of their inside game, but he is still real weak around the bucket. It's also hard to evaluate the guys on that team who might be good because they are playing with such a bunch of terrible players.

JERAMI has been injured for most of the season. just started playing within the last wk. came off the bench last night .. 9 mins 3 points 4 rebs 2 blocks

JERAMI has been injured for most of the season. just started playing within the last wk. came off the bench last night .. 9 mins 3 points 4 rebs 2 blocks

Ah, didn't realize the injury. For the record, if you are going to name your kid a common name but spell it differently (despite no difference in pronunciation) for no particular reason, you lose the right to get indignant about people misspelling your name.

And he's getting paid for it!

I'm not judging his decision and I'm also not aware of injury issues that have been referenced. But let's not act like getting an initial NBA contract and being out of the league a couple years later is what Grant was hoping for. If he wanted to go -- it's cool. He may also get healthy, start getting some minutes, and work his way into a long NBA career. But I find it hard to believe this decision has gone the way he was hoping it would so far.