896 wins | Syracusefan.com

896 wins

SBU72

All Conference
Ok here is one for you stats guys out there or maybe somebody could suggest to the PS that they do the research. should make a good story as JB moves toward his 900th win.
I found myself "discussing" Boeheim's win totals, mainly how they are not all against scrub teams. That brought to mine several questions:

1) how many different teams as JB beaten? Finding his conference totals is easy as is what schools they were.

2) how many top 10, 25, 50 teams has his team beaten.

3) is there a school his team has played mulitble times and NOT beaten? (playing a team only once and not winning is hardly a fair thing to ask but are there such teams?)

4) what were SU's OOC schedule ratings over the past 10 years? It seems to me that it has been actually pretty good over that time frame.

For #3, Clemson and Iowa are possibilities. I'll look into that.

Maybe someone else can get into the other ones.

For #3, Clemson and Iowa are possibilities. I'll look into that.

Maybe someone else can get into the other ones.

No and no. Syracuse is 0-2 against both of those teams, but Boeheim is only 0-1 against each.

Found a definite one, though: 0-4 against UMass, including that epic 0-2 that pretty much summed up the 2007-2008 season. Could be more, but probably not too many.

All these questions (except the OOC one) are very easy to answer in the SU Media Guide because it lists the score of every game every year ... and includes the rank of the opponent. Someone would just have to go though it and tabulate it. There is actually a whole page devoted to records vs each opponent. Worst record is UMass (0-4), followed by Ohio State (2-4)

All these questions (except the OOC one) are very easy to answer in the SU Media Guide because it lists the score of every game every year ... and includes the rank of the opponent. Someone would just have to go though it and tabulate it. There is actually a whole page devoted to records vs each opponent. Worst record is UMass (0-4), followed by Ohio State (2-4)

Media guide would be better, but OrangeHoops is good too. Having scanned seasons for the past twenty minutes, I'm pretty confident that UMass is the only one. Boeheim has either beaten or gone 0-1 against all of my other usual suspects (Clemson, Iowa, Ohio State, Charlotte).

Turns out this was the trival question on the game braodcast last night and indeed UMass is the answer. As they posed the question it would have been my guess.

I figured the Media guide would have the list you mentioned. I was sort of hoping somebody would have the time to tabulate it. I still think the PS could do a whole story on these and other relavent questions surrounding JB's 900 win. It would make interesting to read.

And hey CTO, do you have any idea how many of those wins you were able to be there and cheer them on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom