900 career wins | Syracusefan.com

900 career wins

moqui

generational talent
only Krzyzewski and Knight have achieved that number at the D1 level. Barring a completely unforeseen circumstance, JB will become the third . . . and quite possibly the last for a very, very long time.

Calhoun is next in line at 873 wins . . . with no post season possible, it is highly unlikely that his team wins 27 games this season. If things go terribly wrong, it is not inconceivable that Calhoun decides to hang them up and not coach beyond 2013.

Next in line is Bob Huggins at 710. Since coming to West Virginia, his teams have won an average of 24 games a year. At that rate, it will take him 8 years to get to 900. He'll be 59 when the season begins and does not have the best health history, so it might be a stretch to see Huggy coaching until he his 67 or older.

Next up is Roy Williams, who is a very good bet to get to 900 wins. He sits at 675 and his North Carolina teams have won an average of 28.6 games per year. He would only need 8 years to get to 900. However, Roy will be 62 when the next season begins and not too many coaches last at a high level in the profession until they are 70, so not even Roy is a sure thing.

Bo Ryan and Mike Montgomery are both over 600 wins, but they will both als be 65 and have a number of their career wins at lower levels, so let's count them out.

The only other active coach with 600 career D1 wins is Rick Pitino, sitting at 629. Pitino will be 60 this season and his Louisville team has averaged 25 wins in his tenure, so he would need 11 seasons to get to 900, making him 71. There are not too many opponents I would bet on vs. competitors like Pitino or Roy Williams - but Father Time is one of them.

Depending on what Calhoun decides to do after 2013, Jim Boeheim could very well be the last man to break 900 wins until sometime past 2025.

Didnt you already make a post about this before buddy? I could of sworn you did.

Calhoun has 2 more years left on his contract (I'm pretty sure), so he'll get to 900 no doubt. But you're right, there's no logical next choice after JB and Calhoun.

only Krzyzewski and Knight have achieved that number at the D1 level. Barring a completely unforeseen circumstance, JB will become the third . . . and quite possibly the last for a very, very long time.

Calhoun is next in line at 873 wins . . . with no post season possible, it is highly unlikely that his team wins 27 games this season. If things go terribly wrong, it is not inconceivable that Calhoun decides to hang them up and not coach beyond 2013.

Next in line is Bob Huggins at 710. Since coming to West Virginia, his teams have won an average of 24 games a year. At that rate, it will take him 8 years to get to 900. He'll be 59 when the season begins and does not have the best health history, so it might be a stretch to see Huggy coaching until he his 67 or older.

Next up is Roy Williams, who is a very good bet to get to 900 wins. He sits at 675 and his North Carolina teams have won an average of 28.6 games per year. He would only need 8 years to get to 900. However, Roy will be 62 when the next season begins and not too many coaches last at a high level in the profession until they are 70, so not even Roy is a sure thing.

Bo Ryan and Mike Montgomery are both over 600 wins, but they will both als be 65 and have a number of their career wins at lower levels, so let's count them out.

The only other active coach with 600 career D1 wins is Rick Pitino, sitting at 629. Pitino will be 60 this season and his Louisville team has averaged 25 wins in his tenure, so he would need 11 seasons to get to 900, making him 71. There are not too many opponents I would bet on vs. competitors like Pitino or Roy Williams - but Father Time is one of them.

Depending on what Calhoun decides to do after 2013, Jim Boeheim could very well be the last man to break 900 wins until sometime past 2025.

I think Calhoun, Huggins and Williams will all get to 900, but I think JB and coach K will break the 1000 wins marks. JB only needs 110 wins over the next 4 years (27.5 wins/year) to do it. He had 119 wins over the past 4 years and with recruiting the way it is I have no reason to doubt it will happen.

I think Calhoun, Huggins and Williams will all get to 900, but I think JB and coach K will break the 1000 wins marks. JB only needs 110 wins over the next 4 years (27.5 wins/year) to do it. He had 119 wins over the past 4 years and with recruiting the way it is I have no reason to doubt it will happen.
the only thing that can stop him is Father Time . . . either through a physical breakdown of a lessening of desire.

the only thing that can stop him is Father Time . . . either through a physical breakdown of a lessening of desire.
The desire will never leave him, physical breakdown is a different story but as long as he is of sound mind and body he is going to coach. He delegates all the things he doesn't like already so why stop.

I dont see jb coaching that long. Would be very surprised if he is our coach 4 years from now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

oh how predictable br801 stalking me on every thread im in, oh the irony.
Your definition of stalking must be pretty broad. If I bother you that much you can always report me.

Your definition of stalking must be pretty broad. If I bother you that much you can always report me.
Im not a snitch. I settle things in the streets , lets meet behind walmart, where do you live?

Im not a snitch. I settle things in the streets , lets meet behind walmart, where do you live?
I'd tell you, but then you might start stalking me.

oh how predictable br801 stalking me on every thread im in, oh the irony.

Thanks AC, got your email reporting that you are being stalked and harassed on the board.

We'll keep an eye on the perp.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I dont see jb coaching that long. Would be very surprised if he is our coach 4 years from now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
We have heard that for at least 15yrs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom