90th ranked offense | Syracusefan.com

90th ranked offense

Millhouse

Living Legend
almost made it into the 80s.

maybe next year

what's kinda funny about it is that their ranking is actually a couple spots better when you take the FCS schools out.

65th in defense.

it's odd to me that generally, the people who thought the offense would carry the team this year are still willing to keep the most important position the same next year and more likely to rag on the middle of the road defense

update of the stats from last week, we're still at 102 in avg ypg over marrone's whole tenure (taking each team's ypg from the three years, summing them, dividing by three and ranking them)

would that have worked for you guys when marrone was hired?

No people just keep saying next year for Marrones offense, one thing I learned about from grob, after awhile next year starts to look a hell of a lot like the year before. This offense under dogs scheme and nassib playing qb will be about 90 th again next year.. After year 3 I don't see anything being built on. Meathead mentality 101 when the offense isn't playing well it's because they need to be more physical. I have zero hope that Marrone can produce a productive offense at this level as things sit right now. Why you ask? He can't recruit and I have 3 years of offensive misery that back my claim. Another thing I became aware of under Robinson, expecting a switch to be flipped every new season is really nieve and just pisses one one off even more

another stat. nassib is 26th in the country in attempts

more than
kellen moore
bryant moniz
andrew luck
RG3
collaros (att/game)

to think there are some knuckleheads here who think this season was a failure because they didn't have nassib throw enough.

they're crazier than the people just fine with a "limited game manager"

I'm still shocked people think Doug contributed anything to the Saints besides getting Sean Peyton's coffee every morning.

another stat. nassib is 26th in the country in attempts

more than
kellen moore
bryant moniz
andrew luck
RG3
collaros (att/game)

to think there are some knuckleheads here who think this season was a failure because they didn't have nassib throw enough.

they're crazier than the people just fine with a "limited game manager"
It's not the quantity, it's the timing. Nassib threw a lot late in games down to hopefully rally for scores after our ground and pound failed.

I think we would have been better off if they let him throw a little more early in games, but what do I know, I'm not a D1 football coach with a sub .500 record. I kid, I kid.

It's not the quantity, it's the timing. Nassib threw a lot late in games down to hopefully rally for scores after our ground and pound failed.

I think we would have been better off if they let him throw a little more early in games, but what do I know, I'm not a D1 football coach with a sub .500 record. I kid, I kid.

if we sucked at throwing the ball when we were down late when teams are perfectly happy to keep you in front of them and just not let you score too fast, what makes you think we would've been effective doing it from the get go?

being good in garbage time would be a huge upgrade. aside from USF, that didn't happen

if we sucked at throwing the ball when we were down late when teams are perfectly happy to keep you in front of them and just not let you score too fast, what makes you think we would've been effective doing it from the get go?
Well, we suck real bad trying to run the ball up the middle behind Macky and we seem to enjoy trying that over and over again early in the games even though it isn't ever effective, so I figure it's at least worth a shot.

I get you think Nassib is basically the equivalent of the QB from the Sixty Whiners in Mutant League Football, I really do.

What upsets me the most is that our team was very successful when running a Hurry-Up offense. Nassib got the ball out quick for short 8-10 yard gains. We did this throughout the season, yet it was always used as a change of pace rather as the base offensive set.

Dougie kept reverting back to this "Establish The Run" mentality...

Well, we suck real bad trying to run the ball up the middle behind Macky and we seem to enjoy trying that over and over again early in the games even though it isn't ever effective, so I figure it's at least worth a shot.

I get you think Nassib is basically the equivalent of the QB from the Sixty Whiners in Mutant League Football, I really do.

I should cut you some slack because you don't watch the games but here you go.

Pass ratio by quarter

1 51%
2 52%
3 47%
4 56%

Pass ratio by half

1 52%
2 52%

If only syracuse had changed 9 runs to passes in the 3rd quarter over 12 games, this whole season would've been different! That's the difference between 47% and 52%.

i know you like the board more than games, but you should watch the games you don't like so you don't appear to be dopey on the board that you like

I don't care much about this thread, but MUTANT LEAGUE FOOTBALL!!!

Kudos, sir.

Kudos.

51cXRmnTLTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
mutant_league_football.jpg

Pass ratio by quarter

1 51%
2 52%
3 47%
4 56%

Pass ratio by half

1 52%
2 52%

If only syracuse had changed 9 runs to passes in the 3rd quarter over 12 games, this whole season would've been different! That's the difference between 47% and 52%.

i know you like the board more than games, but you should watch the games you don't like so you don't appear to be dopey on the board that you like
one other tidbit, our 3rd quarter passing ratio was right smack in the middle of all D1 teams passing ratios for all games.

dear god we run the ball so much!

Marrone needs a college offensive coordinator, and a Division I QB. I hope Hunt is the real deal, that would take care of problem #2. Problem #1 is the real issue, and I don't see that changing unfortunately.

People can complain about the offensive line all they want to, but when teams challenge you with 8 men in the box EVERY play, you have to make them pay. At least once. Or you have to be creative.

The screen pass to Bailey against Pitt was the perfect call -- how many of those plays did we see all year? Instead, we saw about 1,000 rollout passes to Provo for 3 yards.

I also hear that our WR's aren't good enough to create separation consistently against D1 competition. I have seen Chew open, I have seen Lemon open, I have seen other people open deep and I have seen Nassib consistently miss them.

Also, when has Nassib TAKEN A CHANCE throwing down field on a 50-50 ball and allowed a receiver to try and make a play? Never, because he throws it 20 yards out of bounds. That, and we run the ball 9 straight times when down by 9 midway through the fourth quarter.

I'd love to give Marrone the benefit of the doubt on this, and that we will see some changes in playcalling when Nassib is gone, but color me skeptical.

Pass ratio by quarter

1 51%
2 52%
3 47%
4 56%
We had a 3 or four game stretch where we either turned it over or went 3 and out on each opening drive without attempting a pass on 1st or 2nd down, if at all. :noidea:

We had a 3 or four game stretch where we either turned it over or went 3 and out on each opening drive without attempting a pass on 1st or 2nd down, if at all. :noidea:
we must end up throwing even more later in the first quarter. must be that insurmountable 3-0 or 7-0 mid first quarter deficit

i was going to ask if you remember how erratic nassib has been early in games before he settles down but then i remembered of course you dont', you just read box scores.

i was going to ask if you remember how erratic nassib has been early in games before he settles down but then i remembered of course you dont', you just read box scores.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom