'92 Dream Team vs '12 Dream Team | Syracusefan.com

'92 Dream Team vs '12 Dream Team

MyMeloMyMan

All Conference
Who ya got?

I think the 92 team wins 8/10 times. Too much size and Michael Jordan in his prime.

How many guys on the 12 roster would even make the 92 team? two?

Yeah def take the 92 team. Not enough size. 08 Dream team is a different story; much better matchup.

Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Paul I think would all make the team for sure.

Also let's remember that Magic and Bird in 1992 weren't quite Magic and Bird as everyone knew them. I made this point 4 years ago also; but if the 2008 team was the first time pros had played in the Olympic then I think either Garnett and/or Duncan would both have played (Duncan would be eligible, right?) which would make the 08 team look even stronger in the future.

I agree that the 92 team would win but when Kobe, LeBron and Durant are on the floor at the same time, how do you guard them? Obviously Jordan plays Kobe. Do you put Pippen on Durant and Malone on LeBron? Or are you better off just going zone?

Lebron looks like he played on the '92 team.

That 92 team has no one to really handle Durant or Lebron defensively. I guess you would put Pip on Lebron and hope he could just pester him and let someone else trail around aftr Durant on the perimeter.

Jordan would just tear up this team's guards. Kobe wouldn't be able to hang.

Yeah and if you get Chandler in foul trouble then there is no one to check Ewing/Robinson. (and even if he doesnt get in foul trouble then he still isnt playign the whole game)

Yeah def take the 92 team. Not enough size. 08 Dream team is a different story; much better matchup.

Also let's remember that Magic and Bird in 1992 weren't quite Magic and Bird as everyone knew them. I made this point 4 years ago also; but if the 2008 team was the first time pros had played in the Olympic then I think either Garnett and/or Duncan would both have played (Duncan would be eligible, right?) which would make the 08 team look even stronger in the future.

sorry my friend but melo is the best internationAL PLayer

Barkley said only Lebron, Durant and Kobe would have cracked the 92 roster. No mention of Melo.

Jordan would just tear up this team's guards. Kobe wouldn't be able to hang.

Kobe is 9 time all-defensive first team, and 3 time all-defensive second team, and is one of the most competitive stars in NBA history. What makes you think Kobe wouldn't be able to hang?

Kobe is 9 time all-defensive first team, and 3 time all-defensive second team, and is one of the most competitive stars in NBA history. What makes you think Kobe wouldn't be able to hang?

I'm trying to match them up based on their age at the time of their dream team. I think Kobe has lost a step and is no longer a great defender. I don't think he's been a plus plus defender for the last 3 years. Kobe of 2012 defending Jordan of 1992 is a mismatch imo

Yeah I think Kobe has been gifted some of the more recent first team all defensive's awards. I think Kobe at almost 34, with all the minutes he has logged, would have nearly an impossible time keeping up with a 29 year old Jordan.

Reactions: MCC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom