A 38 year old Johnny Damon might not be the best move for the Yankees at this point | Syracusefan.com

A 38 year old Johnny Damon might not be the best move for the Yankees at this point

CaliCuse

All American
Despite his strike out ratio Jorge Vasquez can't be as bad as Posada was last year. filling in with e rapidly aging and oft wounded Derek and ARod and Tex when he goes slump might be the best way to utilize that position in the batting order.:bat: Johnny is much value in the field either with his weak arm almost forcing opposition base runners to take the extra base successfully.

Despite his strike out ratio Jorge Vasquez can't be as bad as Posada was last year. filling in with e rapidly aging and oft wounded Derek and ARod and Tex when he goes slump might be the best way to utilize that position in the batting order.:bat: Johnny is much value in the field either with his weak arm almost forcing opposition base runners to take the extra base successfully.
I think they gave up on Damon as too expensive and have moved on to Matsui. How does that make you feel? More likely Cashman will try and pull another rabbit out of his hat through a trade. Maybe AJ (with the Yankees paying most of his remaining salary) or maybe Hughes + parts for an overpriced, over the hill hitter (Adam Dunn?)

Matsui's bat is
I think they gave up on Damon as too expensive and have moved on to Matsui. How does that make you feel? More likely Cashman will try and pull another rabbit out of his hat through a trade. Maybe AJ (with the Yankees paying most of his remaining salary) or maybe Hughes + parts for an overpriced, over the hill hitter (Adam Dunn?)
still there so he never sees the field. If he is less expensive,maybe thats a good thing. Vasquez might be the answer and cheaper still. I don't know. Its a play'em and see thing I guess.:noidea:

Matsui's bat is
still there so he never sees the field. If he is less expensive,maybe thats a good thing. Vasquez might be the answer and cheaper still. I don't know. Its a play'em and see thing I guess.:noidea:
Thinking about it, just bring back Posada. He may actually appreciate the job this year.

Please no Matsui. Please no Damon. If I was Cashman I would either re-sign Andruw Jones or pick up Magglio Ordonez for 1/yr contract. At least they can spell the outfielders and DH if necessary. Damon and Matsui hopefully will never play the field for the remaining of their MLB careers.

God no, with Damon. Get someone who is younger and more athletic. Old dudes can lose bat speed at any time, and they are more brittle. We've got too many guys like that already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom